Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PimpMyImp

re: Knipple - Demonology warlock application

First name:
Ali

ADVANCED armory link
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/knipple/advanced

Character name
Knipple

class/spec:
Demonology warlock

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator?
No

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev85 alts)

Kitcat: level 89 feral druid
Tamethis: level 50 BM hunter

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):
TBC:
Kara - Cleared
Maggy - Cleared
Grull - Cleared
SSC - Cleared
TK - Cleared
MH - Cleared except Archimonde.
BT - Cleared
Sunwell - First 3 bosses.

WOTLK:
Naxx - Cleared
EOE - Cleared
OS - Cleared
Ulduar - 7/14
TOC - cleared
TOC Heroic: All Except Anub'arak
ICC and RS – Nothing, as I stopped playing WoW before ICC was implemented.

Cata:
Nothing .. I renewd my account few days before MoP launch.

MoP:
MsV [LFR] - Cleared

each raid mentioned here is done during the time of its content progress.*

Can you speak fluent english?
Yes I can speak English, not fluent though.

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable)
yes

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...
I don't have any O_O

How comfortable are you speaking during raids?
I can speak if it was necessary, but i prefer not to. I'm kinda shy :D

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?
Yes.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?
Vanilla:
Armageddon - I cant remember why I left xD

TBC:
Society Of Salvation - I did not leave, the guild merged with another guild [Sixth Sense], into a new guild [Sin].
Sin - 10,25 raiding guild. The guild fell apart as people lost interest in raids.
Cry Havoc - 10,25 raiding guild. I left because I wanted to give WoW a break and start having a life.

WOTLK:
For Justice - Casual guild.
British Raven Guard - I left due to personal reasons.

Late Cataclysm:
Reborn from Isolation - Social guild.

Panadaria:
Ignorance - I left due to lack of raids. Honestly Igno is cool, but I had to leave because I was not invited into a single raid in MoP. They are looking for progress I believe. The exact phrase by the officer was [we already have a team, and warlocks are not what we are looking for at the moment] .

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:
CPU >> Intel Core 2 duo @ 3.00GZ
Graphics card >> Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
Net connection >>> 8 MB/sec.. my latency is always ~100.

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?
Yes, but I use a cable from my router. It reduces the lag time for MMO games.

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?
Yes. Origin & Malevolence.

Please link any WWS or WMO stats.
-

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?
Wowhead.com
Noxxic.com

Random paragraph about me:
Well, I am a friendly person. I am always up for PVE content. I like doing raids, they are the main reason I play WoW [playing for experience? what?]
In real life and in my free time I like to read. I am a HUGE Barcelona fan [Soccer team]. I have spoken with Michael Jackson xD.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:
I don't recall.

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?
I hope for a raid invite and a friendly atmosphere. I cant really fit in a hostile environment :D
Homous

Sallam,

ra7 2entor o shoof sho l Locks taba3na 7a y2oolo 3ala application taba3ak ... Good luck with your app

Bogsteron

Hi, thanks for the app, Ill look at it tomorrow in more depth.

B
falc

Hello.

Enchants - Gear looks properly enchanted.
Gemming - in your belt, change the yellow gem for +180 int. Socket bonus grants less of a boost than a pure intellect gem would give.
Reforging - looks good.
Glyphs:
Why no Soulstone glyph?
Why the glyph of Dark souls?
Not saying your choises are wrong, but rather looking for an explanation of why you made such choises.

Raiding history:
Looking at your achivements you have a bit exaggerated at places at least on the TBC stuff. BT final kill is a lot later for instance. But that was a long time ago.
After that it might seem that you are a bit rusty with no Cata experience - but lack of recent experience doesn't really reflect on your general ability so not holding that against you.

Personal opinion: You seem like a nice guy and you have some good past experience. Your character seems mostly up to scratch as well. Imho if we have the spots we should give you a shot - however you must understand that competition in the DPS ranks is especially tight these days and people are not going to hold your hand if you don't perform. Other than that we are a more or less friendly bunch of people and i'm sure you will fit in well.

General verdict: Worth to try him out if we have the spots - imho.

PS: Simcraft results - http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/21660/knipple.html (yes i had some time at work).

re: Re

Hi Falc, how is it going?

Gemming:
The website I use for optimizing my gear mention that I'll lose DPS when I do so [I'll lose 1% DPS] >> Because I am 0.01% over the hit cap , so If I changed the gem i'll have to reforge my gear to get hit capped from another item/gem which will cause my hit rating to go a bit higher than whats required and so I will lose dps [because I could used those extra stats for mastery instead of hit rating].

But if it is required by the guild then yes I can definitely do that.

Glyphs:
Soulstone glyph: You are absolutely right about this one. Its much better & provides raid utility than glyph of demon hunting. Changed Happy
Dark Soul: increases my dps by providing me with a passive 10% mastery.

Raids:
Regarding my raiding history yes it looks exaggerated during TBC.. It made some confusion in previous guilds I applied to xD
The thing is the achievement system was not yet implemented during TBC, so I think I might not have got the achievement.

Let me explain a little bit more. for example: the quest that rewards Hand of Adal title requires 2 drops, one from Lady Vashj and the other from Kael'thas Sunstrider.. During WOTLK I still had the item from Vashj but it did not show in my achievement history that I have downed her. I mean how could I get the drop then?:D
therefore I got SSC achievement later on ^^
[Did not get Hand of Adal title anyway.. I took the quest after releasing SWP :_)]

Anyway I'm sorry man I just wrote a book here.
falc

Doing good, thx for asking Happy

1 gem bonus is really a minor issue in the grand scheme of things - just thought i'd point it out in case it was an accidental mistake or an uninformed decision, but as you've actually put some thought into it, i don't see an issue with it.

About Dark soul Glyph - it only applies the 10% mastery bonus though when you don't click it - just pointing that out.

Raiding history - There were some problems indeed with achievement progress. I had to go back later and redo most of my heroic kills after achievements were launched as well (those that were not covered by quests or titles).

Thanks for the answers.Happy

Remains down to officers now - if they have any additional questions and whether they think we have the slots for a ranged dps or not.

Last edited by falc on 01/11/2012 8:29; edited 1 time in total

Thanks for the input falc,

Ive read your app, seen your armory etc, Ill talk it through with the officers and we will
have a response to you either tonight or tomo at latest!

Thanks a lot for the app!

Bog
Bogsteron

Hi again,

I have decided to give you a chance for a trial despite your lack of raid exp in MoP.
I however expect some big dedication and commitment to learning and following tacticts
as well as a good raid performance and attendance.

Are you up for it?

Bog
PimpMyImp

Hi Bog.
Yes mate I'm up for it and hopefully I can offer good performance and help in the raid progress of MoP content.
Bogsteron

Cool then, whisper any officer online for an invite.

Bog
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum