Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naunn

re: Application: Naunn Enhance Shaman

First name, Age, Gender, Location: Rob, 30, m, Ireland

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:
Naunn, Enhance Shaman.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Naunn/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator? Yes, funny story, account got hacked while i was away for six months, they reactivated it with a stolen credit card, now thats dedication.

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev85 alts)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Bejasus/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Bozeroth/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Worgame/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Susura/advanced
Chillton
Slaint
warlocksby

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):
Only done the first 4 bosses in MGV
tanked it once and dps/healed 6 times

Can you speak fluent english? Yep

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable) Yes

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...
Quack! and audio feedback loops are bad.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids? Pretty comfortable if needed.

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?
I can arrange to raid two nights a week, it doesn't matter which nights though. I prefer progress nights but I am getting ahead of myself there.
If this is a deal breaker on the app, I totally understand.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?
I was tanking in Nocturnal in the last epac. I had to quit for a good few months for boring important reasons.
I am in soul now but the raids cant be planned more then a day or two in advance which doesn't give me enough time and they are 2 hours long, once a week.

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:
Just build a gaming rig. 3770k i7. 7950 radio graphics, 16 gigs ram, solid state HD and my first ever soundcard which is so much better then onboard sound
I cant stop telling people to get one. Seriously, if your reading this and like to game, get a sound card.

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?
Yes, but its a very good one.

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?
No, never would.

Please link any WWS or WMO stats.

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?
Elitist Jerks. Youtube. Wowhead, mmochampion.

Random paragraph about me:
Techie who works very odd hours. Always up for a laugh.
My wow turn on's are: Collecting pets, progress kills and long walks in the park.
My wow turn offs are: Nerfs, locks and gnomes.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:
Recently there is a guy in the brawlers guild who rp's with all the dead bodies and then tbags them over and over. Horrified at first but he puts so much effort in it cracks me up.

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?
Raid, apologise for dying, raid some more, die a little less. Have fun.

Bigshanex

Hey rob, thanks for the app

I know nothing at all about shammys so the pros can handle that.
Need an enchant on your hands as it looks at the moment, As you stated you can only raid 2days a week which I wouldn't have a problem with since my work gets in the way of my raiding also, the only problem I can see is that your progress is way behind ours as same as your gear so it might be hard to take on somebody with low item which can't make 100% of raids but that's a choice for the officers to make.

Good luck with you app Happy

Hi, thx for applying

The hand enchant is done already, nice.

As shane already said your number of raids/week isn't ideal and your progress is way behind on ours. What will you do to get to our level of progress?

Next to that I don't know much enhance shamans except that we need more mail wearers.

Let's hear from people who actually have an idea what they are talking about, else im gonna have to catch up on enhance shamans.

Alc

Hi, Thanks for the quick comments.
About getting up to speed, there is unfortunately only so many youtube vids you can watch and forums you can read before you just want to actually do the sodding fight.
One way would be if there is an alt run I could join and if I don't come across as a complete waste of time, you could maybe throw me a trial.
Unless you are implying some sort of initiation where I run through a horde city wearing a pink dress singing Spider Pig?
Open to suggestions.

handehoch

The only things i can pick up on are a few of your enchants possibly being wrong. For instance i would have gone for dancing steel on weapons or at the very least on the main hand, 170 agility on wrists and the better leg enchant that gives you the increased agility and crit.

But i'm no expert so will leave it to others to comment more on this.

Kirina1

Hi Rob ;)
You seem to be a nice and honest guy, which is a big "+", but I see 3 problems with your application:
- you can raid only 2 nights per week
- your progress is way behind ours. Not only you didn't do any hcs modes, but on normal you killed only 4 bosses in MGV, none in Terraces or HoF.
- your gear is way behind ours. It wouldn't be a problem if we would still be doing normal modes, we would gear you up in no time then. But we are doing mostly hc bosses now, and with your gear and small experience, you would be a liability there.

Anyway, decision is in officers hands.

Good luck!
Hadjion

Hi, thx for the app.

We're having some discussions in officers forum, we'll get back to you.
Hadjion

Pummra already touched on the key problems with your app, of which attendance is the major issue.
We are fairly lenient with attendance, if shit happens in RL then that's more important than wow, and as such we try to maintain a roster that's bigger than 25 people, to allow for this to happen without having any major negative consequences for the raid.
We also have two raiders with a work schedule that prevents them from making 100% of the raids, but both of these have been with us for a while, and were initially attending 100% of the raids. As such, your position is different.

We will not recruit people to our 25 team who are only able to make 2/3raids.

However, there are two possible outcomes to this, in addition to a decline.
One is our 10 man, which is currently not running, but we're looking to get it back up and running. We got 8/8 hc in DS 10 man.
The 2nd is that you become sort of a quasi 25-man raider. Depending on how you make your schedule to attend or not attend a raid, if you're able to guarantee or make it highly likely that you can attend raids where signups are lower and take nights off when signs are high, then that's something we could be interested in.

Your progress and gear is a way behind ours, but that's something that's easy to look past with the right atitude, and going by what you've written so far I like your attitude, so if you're interested in one of my mentioned ideas then let us know. I see you sorted the things Hande pointed out. I'd have preferred if he hasn't needed to point it out, but as long as it's fixed I'm happy.

Why do you not have any items upgraded?
Your reputations are lacking. This leads me to believe you've done few dailies and as such you've collected few lesser charms, is this a correct assesment?
Naunn

Well you are all a very friendly bunch of people and I really thought it was going to be a No there. A very nice no but a no all the same.
So getting a maybe is great.
Option 2/quasi 25 man raider would be my first choice, I can guarantee to attend certain signup nights. From experience the first night is the busiest and the last night is the quietest.
As for your questions, ( I have rewritten this next line several times and the best I have come up with is 'I was slacking off and it wont happen again')
I will say though that once I have a focus for min maxing my character, I go all out.
I currently have 90 lesser charms and the desire to spend them to help me get my last tier token is maddening but I know gold coins wont work in the 5.2 raid so there they sit. If I get accepted on trial I will start stocking up on them.
Now that its a maybe I have started to notice all the things I let slide, its like meeting that ex girlfriend in the street, she looks great and I haven't maxed out bloody cooking.

Bigshanex

I would suggest since the 25m is most fully signed to go for the 10m once it's back up, it's a fun group and we achieve great progress with it, as hadj stated we had 8/8hc in ds with the 10m and I think apps like this one would be great to get it up and running as quick as possible.

Just something to think about Happy, all the best

Accepted for trial.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum