Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugtheridon
Raider

re: Application - Pugtheridon (Death Knight dps/tank) - 10 man

First name, Age, Gender, Location:
Kostas,36, Male, Greece.

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Pugtheridon/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator?
No

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Lulukas/advanced (level 90 druid - ex main)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Ruffingston/advanced (level 90 mage)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Namounaki/advanced (level 85 rogue)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Tsatrapanda/advanced (level 62 monk)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Kollias/advanced (level 85 shaman)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Syrannis/advanced (level 88 paladin)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Yiayamishi/advanced (level 85 priest)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Naabofnaaru/advanced (level 75 warlock)

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):

I only count boss kills during respective expansions. Have done most missing content with OpenRaid pugs.

Mists of Pandaria
Throne of Thunder 1/12
Terrace of Endless Spring 4/4
Heart of Fear 5/6 (was on sitout when we killed Grand Empress Shek'zeer)
Mogu'shan Vaults 6/6

Cataclysm (with Lulukas)
Dragon Soul 8/8 (5/8 heroic)
Firelands 7/6 (3/7 heroic)
Blackwing Descent 6/6 (1/6 heroic)
The Bastion of Twilight 4/5
Throne of the Four Winds 2/2

Wrath of the Lich King (with Lulukas)
The Ruby Sanctum 0/1
Icecrown Citadel 12/12
Onyxia's Lair 0/1 (was on a break)
Trial of the Crusader 0/5 (was on a break)
The Ulduar 4/14 (went on a break)
Naxxramas 14/14
The Eye of Eternity 1/1
The Obsidian Sanctum 1/1

The Burning Crusade (with Lulukas)
Sunwell Plateau 0/6
Black Temple 1/9
Hyjal Summit 4/5
The Eye 3/4
Serpentshrine Cavern 6/6
Magtheridon's Lair 1/1
Gruul's Lair 1/1
Karazhan 12/12

Can you speak fluent english?
Yes.

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable)
Yes and yes.

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...
People may wanna ripe their ears off their head.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids?
Somewhat. Typically listen to the raid leader.

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?
I am mainly in for the 10 man, and Saturday is free almost every week.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?
Swords and Spells: The guild was disbanded while I was on a break.
Renown: Good guild, good progress, fun and competent people. We are facing a raid team meltdown at the moment.

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Connection: ADSL2+ 24 Mbps down/2 Mbps up.

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?
No, I don't like like lag spikes.

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?
No.

Please link any WWS or WMO stats.
-

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?
Elitist Jerks
Icy Veins
Tankspot (forum and video guides)
The Rawr Project (for the druid)
Noxxic (for the mage)
Vox Immortalis (video guides)

Random paragraph about me:
I am single and work at the local university. My job requires long hours sometimes and WoW is a place I can relax after serious stuff have finished during the day. I like a good challenge and most of the times wanna be a part of it. I am also a math freak, so I enjoy reading about theorycrafting. Due to my job (engineering prof) I typically take serious stuff seriously.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:
"She said she was level 18"

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?
A serious and fun raiding environment.
Kromars

Nice to see your app =) Pro player =) Hope you get accepted =)
Bigshanex

Hey ill comment further on your app later on currently at work

Hey Kostas and thanks for applying too us Happy

Your item level is certainly fine for the 10 man since we use alts in the run also,
Your reforges are spot on but your hit/expertise are clearly over the caps by quite a bit i have looked into what you can change and due too your gear being made up from bits and bobs from all around sometimes you can`t change that.

The only thing i would suggest is too change your gems in your belt too 3x str.

As for your talents can you explain why you have chosen them please and how you think they will be useful whilst raiding?

Good luck with your application and hope too hear from you soon.

shane

re: re: Application - Pugtheridon (Death Knight dps/tank) - 10 m

Dear Shane and all,

Quote:
Your item level is certainly fine for the 10 man since we use alts in the run also,
Your reforges are spot on but your hit/expertise are clearly over the caps by quite a bit i have looked into what you can change and due too your gear being made up from bits and bobs from all around sometimes you can`t change that.

It is true that my hit/expertise is way over the top, due to (a) the Shado Pan trinket, which was a serious upgrade to my Lei Shin, and (b) the gear I can get my hands on. So I tried to make the best of what I got by reforging all hit/expertise out of items.

Quote:
The only thing i would suggest is too change your gems in your belt too 3x str.

This will be fixed, since it is true that I dont really need the expertise socket bonus.

Quote:
As for your talents can you explain why you have chosen them please and how you think they will be useful whilst raiding?

Wall of text, I apologize if that is not what you actually wantedQ

Tier 1: Plague Leech is the best dps option for me, since most of the time it helps me to gain an extra howling blast/soul reaper or trade an unholy rune for a death rune. I used to play with Unholy Blight, but Plague Leech provide more flexibility in most single target fights. I could utilize Unholy Blight in bosses where extensive AoE is required, but it seems that Howling Blast spam is sufficient in most trash/AoE fights. Boiling Blood I choose for tanking instances only.
Tier 2: I typically choose anti-magic shield for raid utility when I dps (for example Jin'rokh the Breaker storms). I don't need Purgatory or Lichborne, since (a) I trust my healers and (b) I can Death Siphon when I am about to die. Lichborne is typically my tanking option, unless I join a pug raid or an LFR where I prefer Purgatory (chained with Death Pact).
Tier 3: I took Asphyxiate for interrupting Dinomancers fast and without being in melee range. I typically utilize Death's Advance for faster movement out of fires (or tornadoes -Blade Lord Ta'yak- actually). I have never used Chillblains (I don't PvP with the this toon), since have glyphed Death and Decay if I need to kite for a short time.
Tier 4: I prefer Death Siphon when I dps since it gives me quick controllable heals even if I don't have enough runic power (I dont' mind wasting a Blood Tap to survive). Death Pact is not an option for me as dps, since the ghoul is (almost) constantly on cooldown. However, I use Death Pact as a mini Lay on Hands when I tank. Conversion I have not used, but it seems to me that it is of limited use due to the fact that I am rarely runic power capped.
Tier 5: I prefer Blood Tap when I dual wield, since I dont have to rely on "luck" (i.e. Runic Empowerment) to refresh my death runes and makes unholy rune management easier for me. I actually used Runic Empowerment when I played a 2h frost spec, since obleterate would burn unholy runes anyway, but when I switched to dual wield I got serious headaches trying to monitor and burn my unholy runes based on Runic Empowerment procs. Runic Corruption I have never used.
Tier 6: I typically use Desecrated Ground to free myself (Wind Lord Mel'jarak prisons for example) without wasting my Icebound Fortitude. Remorseless Winter and Gorefiend's Grasp are very rarely required from me, since tanks typicall gather up and mass stun adds themselves.

Regards,
Kostas
Alcaraz1

A very detailed and nice application.

Accepted for ten man.

You can whisper me or any officer online for an invite.

Welcome!

Very nice reply, Nice to see another dk join us Happy

(See you when i`m on my amazing hunter in the 10m)

Thanks guys!
Estele_

Hi Lulukas...:-))
A very nice and patient guy. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in the guild and find new friends Happy

*hugs*
Anna
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum