Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wezmon

re: Application Wëz - Enhancement Shaman

First name, Age, Gender, Location: Adam (most people call me wez), 32, male, cheshire, UK

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:

Wëz, enhancement shaman (name changed 4 months ago from meznow)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/W%C3%ABz/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator? yes

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.

wêz- human disc priest:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/W%C3%AAz/advanced

wezmonk- windwalker monk:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Wezmonk/advanced

wezmoon, farming druid:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Wezmoon/advanced

wezmon, aff lock, previous main (T4 and T5)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Wezmon/advanced

various other 85s with the name wez.. original I know

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):

Right, well up to current content I had a full clear of TBC, half on wezmon, half on meznow (name changed recently to wëz).
Full clear WoTLK, on normal
Cleared half of CATA, before taking a break from the game.

Current content MSV 6/6 normal, HOF 5/6 normal, ToES 4/4 normal, TOT 3/12 normal

Can you speak fluent english? yes

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable) yes

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...
The wife would kill me? That and feedback and lack of clarity.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids?

No problem

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?

Ah yes here's the problem, I work on a shift pattern, so cannot commit to all 3. Had a quick chat with Cätilinus about applying as a quasi-raider. Basically happy to sign up and be benched. The way the shifts work, I would on average be able to come to 2/3 per week.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?

Well I am proud to say in 7 years I've been in the same guild (albeit under various name changes) Tiny Heroes-> Benevolence->Malevolence. We upgraded the name just after TBC hit to get a more "professional" type of raider. Then we changed to malevolence at end of WotLK as we downsized raid groups from 25 to 10.

But sadly we are now at a point where progression has stalled, signups are too low, and raids are being cancelled. My choice is really leave the game or leave the guild, and as much as it pains me, I do want to continue playing.

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:

i7 930, 12Gb, GTX 460, 60mb cable

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?

nope

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?

nope

Please link any WWS or WMO stats.

You are welcome to browse our logs they are open. Due to the lack of raiding we are all miles behind gear wise (still using a 483 weapon for example). Early MOP I was ranking quite well, a couple of top 50s on imperial vizier and garalon, as the gear levels were all similar. Nowadays its impossible.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u0db6b9gy5uhltdb/

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?

Mainly totemspot and I read mmo-champ religiously (even when I took time out, saddo)

Random paragraph about me:

Well I have two border collies, love winding them up. You may hear them on vent once in a while. Like to think of myself as a witty guy, doubt anyone else agrees, but I don't mind. I feel I have always under achieved in wow due to my loyalty to the guild. Over the years I've watched poor, poor players go to great guilds and do so much and it kinda stings. I don't blame my guild and I wouldn't change it, it's just how it goes; you cant pick your family.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:

Ha well a long time ago, we had a guild member ( i think she is in famous now) and she really hated this one other guildy... and i mean she detested him. Well he left the guild and she was a very happy bunny.
So one day I was chatting in guild chat and I did that thing where you type something innocuous and then follow it by the right amount of spaces followed by [Guild][guy name]: Hey guys I'm back!

So she reads:
[Guild][Wezmon]:God I hate farming these kobolds
[Guild][Guys name]:Hey guys I'm back!

Well needless to say she wasn't so happy,she just logged there and then. I whispered her BF and he told me she had completely freaked out until she realized. She didn't talk to me for a fortnight. I felt a bit mean, but I did make me laugh.

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?

I understand I am very under geared and under experienced, I just would like a chance to go to a few raids, help out where necessary. Liek I said, I'm happy to be a bench warmer and jump in where needed. I would gear up other specs and alts if required but as I was saying to Cätilinus, I am just dps mad, I love dps. Don't know why. Been playing enhance since T5, it would feel a bit dirty to change now.

So thanks for reading! I am going on holiday (first time in 3 years!) on thursday so I'll be away a week, I'm not ignoring you honest.

Cheers,

Wez

Thanks for your application. Detailed and everything good explained.
Will have a chat with my officers and waiting for some details from one of my shammies.

Are you saved for ToT this reset? We would love to see you in action.

wezmon

Thanks for the fast replies. Unfortunately I am unable to raid this week due to my holiday coming up. TBH I probably should have waited until I returned to apply, but I understand these things sometimes take a lot of time so I thought I'd get it in early. I underestimated your efficiency Happy

Qbic meant for tonight ;) So we can see how you perform on some bosses.

Aha sorry I didn't explain, I am not at home at the moment, but do have internet access until Thursday, when I'll be out of the country for a week. So I can't raid but I can reply on here and log on etc if needed. Again sorry for messing you around, trust me I don't go away much ( I wish I did given the weather in this place)

Enchants and gems look good. Only thin k I can say is enchant haste on your gloves.
Talents and glyphs are good.

Catilinus

Accepted for trial.

When you're back online give an officer an whisper for an invite.

Naunn wrote:
Only thin k I can say is enchant haste on your gloves.

Blimey don't know how I missed that, thanks for that.

Cheers for trying me out, look forward to seeing you all in game (probably around 02/06)

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum