Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpookJaarr

re: Application: SpookJaarr - Paladin Retribution

First name, Age, Gender, Location: Billy, 17, Male, Wales(UK)

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Spookjaarr/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator?: Yes

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev85 alts) :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Spookiie/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/L%C3%A1pse/advanced

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts): Cleared MSV 6/6 HoF 4/6

MSV
Stoneguards:5
Feng:5
Gara'jal:5
Spirit Kings:5
Elegon:5
Will:4

Heart of Fear
Imperial Vizier Zor'lok:3
Blade Lord Ta'yak:2
Garalon:1
Wind Lord Mel'jarak:1

Can you speak fluent english? Yes

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable) Yes, Razer Headset

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because... i don't want people to here themselves speak,

How comfortable are you speaking during raids? Very, I like to speak freely and kindly during raids

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)? Yeah

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave? Twisted Faith, most of the Team 1 raider's left and progression stopped

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection: AMD FX-4100. 16GB DDR3, GTX 580

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection? No

Any other Guild applications active at the moment? Nope, none currently

Please link any WWS or WMO stats. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-faf6pxiy44scetx1/details/11/

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date? Askmrrobot, IceVeins and WoWHead

Random paragraph about me: I'm very much into World of Warcraft, and I'm basically looking for a raiding guild with good progression and to hopefully help your guild move forward:) I'm currently in my last year of my A Levels and hopefully getting into Uni in September 2013, I play a ret paladin and always have, this has been my main character even since I started playing world of warcraft.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is: Getting one-shot by a friend on the second boss in ICC who was a Warlock and hit me with a Choas Bolt:P

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?: Just allow me to get comfortable with the fellow raider and members, and hope to help increase your guilds progression.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
PimpMyImp

Hi Billy, I like your gear & experience.. and you seem like a nice guy.
Good luck with your application :D

Kirina1

Heya Happy

You seem to be a really nice guy with good attitude, so I wish you good luck with your application:)
Kromars

Just a few things:
1.Hit cap
-Over it, not usefull

2.Soft expertice cap
-Under it, dps loss

Mining not a raiding prof.
Lokdaroth

Dont know anything about Ret and Krom has covered basics.

Hit is to high and need to reforge to 7.50% or as close to as can get being under by up to couple % is fine as still dps gain rather then taking away haste/crit or something else to get over hit cap.

Expertise to low.

Mining would have to be changed for a raiding Prof if got a trial as it is really only good for tanks but now days even then the other Profs give better stat gains.

All in all a good solid app, Advanced linked (shows least read and took in template post)short answers but to the point, Progress is fine and should not be a problem.

Up to officers but good like we have no Rets currently (MS) and all ways nice to have mixed dps.

Don't know anything about ret either but i do have a few questions.

Hit to high and expertise to low have already been mentioned but there are other things i can see as well for instance.

How come you are using Brutal Leg Armor and not the better Angerhide Leg Armor?

Well progress looks ok i notice that, according to the armory, you haven't leveled one secondary skill or even learnt them which seems a bit odd at this level of the game. At the very least cooking should have been leveled to benefit from the extra stats with feasts.

Although reputation with faction's isn't as important as it used to be i see a serious lack of work on any faction rep in any expansion stage, for instance you are hated by Therezane which was a must have for Cataclysm.
In fact from what i can see you are only exalted with 5 factions in total. Can you explain the lack of faction rep or at least the lack of Therazane rep as from the Armory it looks as if you were raiding in Cataclysm.

Also according to Wow Progress you only joined Twisted Faith in October what guilds were you in before this?

Hadjion

Hi.

In addition to the mentioned issues, I have some questions of my own.
Why did all the raiders suddenly leave Twisted Faith?
Why have you only attended 8/14 of the last raids?

If you got jasper chains with a ranged, can you describe 3 different ways to handle that?
shadowstar88

Hello,
Thanks for your application.
I have some questions aswell. With armory not showing this yet, what items did you upgrade? How many times did you upgrade them? What are you planning to upgrade next and how do you make sure that you have every week your valor points cap?

We are a melee heavy guild. We have 3 warriors, 3 rogues a dk and a monk who are almost always raiding. Looking at the simcraft dps ranking on higher end tier ret paladins are really low on it compared to other melee. http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum-dps
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps
With our guild being melee heavy and ret paladins which wont add anything to the guild its a no from me.

Also I see this in your old application:
http://twisted-faith.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8790430&gid=233581
Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> 3x a Month
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> 3x a Month
Saturday -> 3x a Month

Did this change? Can you attend now all 4 raids on Wednesday and Thursday?

-Shadowstar
Hadjion

We're fewer melee than ranged atm, so I wouldn't use that as an argument against him. We also have several people playing the lows-dps specs as ranked by noxxic, and they're rarely at the bottom of recount. Skills>all.
VP question is relevant though, as well as the TF app.
-Sympathy-

Went through some more of the logs and the dps doesn't stand out too much. I'm not sure what ur gear was at that point, but it would be nice if we could have a dps race on a dummy or something like that. My ret gear at the moment is ilvl 483.

edit: Preferably a lfr. I'd like to see how ur dps is while still avoiding the necessary stuff.

Hello Guys,

I've read through all your comments,

My hit cap is a little mainly because I only got a new piece of gear the other day, with I haven't got round to reforging same with expertise.

Professions: With regards to professions I've been thinking about deleting mining and taking up Blacksmithing. With personally I'd think would benefit me and another in the guild wanting something.

Regarding raiding I can basically raid everyday:)

Why did all the raiders suddenly leave Twisted Faith? - Some officers took items worth a lot out of the guild bank, and left. which most of the officers where in Team 1, and only 4-5 people where left so raiding in team 1 stopped.
Why have you only attended 8/14 of the last raids? - I've been sitting some exams which have finished now.

If you got jasper chains with a ranged, can you describe 3 different ways to handle that? - personally I'd try and find the range and try to become closer to them trying to avoid the mines and pools on the floor. Bubble and try and find the fastest route to them to avoid massive amounts of damage to the range and myself.

Factions/Rep - I only started in 4.3 so dailies wasn't really "important" to me, In MoP I've seen that dailies and rep is VERY important because of gear vendors and such, so I'm doing MoP dailies everyday to boost this Rep.

Angerhide Leg armour, Have got it - just haven't put it on yet, It's on now:)

Previous Guilds: Job Seekers Alliance - Mate's PvP/RBG's - The Healing Hand - Raiding guild, but left because I had a break from World of Warcraft.

With armoury not showing this yet, what items did you upgrade? - I've Upgraded my gloves twice and I haven't capped Valor today,
How many times did you upgrade them? Twice
What are you planning to upgrade next and how do you make sure that you have every week your valor points cap? Hopefully my trinkets.

handehoch

Thanks for the answer's but i don't understand why rep wasn't important to you in 4.3 as head and shoulder glyphs were a must for any raider then, also your current rep levels seem a bit low for someone doing them every day.

Could you explain why you haven't leveled any of your secondary skills such as cooking etc. Especially where, as i stated in a previous post, you get extra stats from feasts when you have leveled cooking.

SpookJaarr

Hi, In 4.3 I wasn't really a Raider, I was more into the PvP side, but at the end of the Patch is when I only started raiding with my guild. Yeah I haven't really been playing much the past week or two because of the exams and stuff to do with the Guild.

I haven't really got round to leveling Cooking I haven't really seen the sort of extra stats you gain from having this professions but I can't

Hadjion

Your last piece of gear was your helm, which has a green haste hit gem and is reforged to hit. You got that helm between 24 and 48 hours ago, according to armory. Prior to that you got a tier chest five days ago.

Our minimum requirements state that mining is unacceptable for dps and healers, and herbalism/skinning is frowned on at best. Ideally you should've sorted it before applying, but at the very least you should've mentioned in your app that you would replace it if you got accepted.

There was a log of TF wiping on dogs. Many of your deaths were caused by dogs exploding in addition to you standing in traps/pools, but you had several caused by jasper chains. Since you seem to know how to handle the chains, am I right ins aying these were called wipes?

When I last checked your armory half an hour ago you still did not have the blue leg enchant, and your reforges were still not sorted.

Bog will reply later today, with the final decision.
Bogsteron

Hi and thanks for the app,

it is true that you have an ok raid exp.

on the other hand I must say that the state of your character is simply not up to speed.
Hit/Exp caps are vital for melee, you will be losing a LOT of dps with a miss, dodge, or parry.

Your reps are horrible. It seems that you dont do many dailies. Thats why you have mining I guess (which is wrong as a raiding prof) (BS - sockets or JC, 2 powerful gems have to be there)
The lack of gold is propably holding you back on the top notch enchants etc.
At least this is how it would make sense to me.

What does not make much sense is that why havent you addressed this before posting an app to a
guild such as ours?

I understand when someone doesnt have the time to farm dailies or to be online all the time.
But surely there is stuff that you could do to improve your char that wouldnt be too hard.

I will decline you at this point, but sort all the stuff that has been mentioned in this thread, take is as an advice (not as pointless epeen criticism) and you can reapply when
you feel all is sorted.

Bog
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum