Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vetox

re: Application: Deceptri-Holy Paladin

First name, Age, Gender, Location: Nick, 15, Male, Kuwait

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Deceptri/advanced Holy Paladin
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Soulfx/advanced Affli Warlock
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/V%C3%A9nd%C3%A9tt%C3%A1/advanced Combat Rogue

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator? Yes.

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev85 alts)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Soulfx/advanced Affli Warlock
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/V%C3%A9nd%C3%A9tt%C3%A1/advanced Combat Rogue
Legistar-Prot 43 pally
Healinfx-85 Balance druid not worthy of armory link.
Shammfx-85 resto sham not worthy of armory link.

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):

Normal Progression: 6/6 3/6 (Done progression on other 3 bosses, just not the kills however guild has killed them) 2/4. ALSO KILLED A FEW MV NORMAL BOSSES ON ROGUE.

Heroic Progression: 2/6 0/6 0/6.

DS HC 8/8 Pre-Nerf

Can you speak fluent english? Yes.

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable) I have a Razer Megalodon headset and Mumble.

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...
I don't own any speakers, and background noise is annoying to raid with.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids?
Absolutely fine.

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?
This is a 25 man raiding guild, that's what I want, so yes for the 25 man days, not Saturday. That's weekend.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?

My past guild that is mentionable is The Three Kings on Darkspear EU. I want to leave them because the progression is very slow, and I'm getting bored with slow progression due to enough healers turning up, or enough dps turning up, or everyone not focusing. I want a place where people are serious. Everyone shares the same ambition. That is, to kill the encounter in front of them.

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.7 Ghz
NVIDIA GeForceGTX 670M
8GB RAM
Stable internet connection.

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?

I do yes, but it's not caused me many problems.

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?

No.

Please link any WWS or WMO stats.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/59sld6viyc6wy881/ This isn't the greatest example and was when we were progressing on Wind Lord Mel'jarak, I can do better.

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?

Eltistjerks
IcyVeins
FatbossTV
DDGuides (Healer specific on YouTube)

Random paragraph about me:

I have acted in a few films, and commercials here and there. I am very mature for my age and fit in nicely into a guild. My guild accepted me despite my age, and found me to be mature and make an exception for their 18+ rule. Warlocks are my second favorite class.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is: Flying turtles in Warsong Gulch.

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?

I expect nothing more than to be on trial, be in a friendly but serious raiding environment, where I want to raid, where I don't get bored. Gear is a bonus that comes for being loyal to the guild and working hard.
Bogsteron

Hi, decent app. I will take a look in a bit.

A couple of fast questions:

I have seen you are from Kuwait, isnt there quite some time diff?
Can you maintain our raid schedule 100%?
Can you play retro spec or can you dps on any other chars?
Your achieve points are quite low, when did you start playing?

I like the sound of your app otherwise.
Hadjion

I was very intrigued when I read you ahd killed 8/8 HC in DS pre-nerf. That's quite an accomplishment.
Then I checked your ach dates. You got boosted to 3/8 HC as well as your first DW normal kill 25/08.
12/09 you got a little more boosted to 6/8. 16/09 you got spine and madness hc.

I also find it odd that your guild chooses to bench you for five progress kills. Wind Lord 22 days ago, Amber-Shaper 7 days ago, Empress 4 days ago, Feng HC 18 days ago and Lei Shi yesterday.

I will need a very convincing answer to this.

It's also odd that you haven't completed first stage of legendary quest at this stage in the expansion.
Your reps are bad.
Alcaraz1

Hello

I had the same feeling as Hadj here.

8/8 hc ds while mostly being boosted trough it.

A lot of benching on progress kills of your guild.

Your gear is also quite low for us.

You also don't have the legendary gem yet, which is weird cause most of us had it like 2 months ago. you can get it trough lfr if you wanted too.

And last, Your personal progress is really low in comparison with ours.

Could a pally check out his gear/spec/gems/...

Alc

Hello,

Talents are ok, it depents on the fight wich ones are best.
glyps are ok imo.
Gemming seem good, your going for int spirit and mastery.
reforging to mastery is good, just one reforge missing, 122 crit to mastery on the main hand.

Not the best wrist enchant but i take it thats because your wrists are ilvl 463.

You have upgraded the normal 396 chest one time, i dont know why, i would have used it to upgrade your main hand to max or on the belt.

And finally herbalism isnt the best raiding proff.

But overall talents glyps gemming etc looks decent in my opinion.

Mirtag
-Sympathy-

U should change the Int socket in ur legs. Change ur wrist enchant to Int. Reforge ur main hand to Mastery.

Herbalism is not a very viable raiding profession.

As said befor ur raiding experience is really low and can't really see how well u do with only the windlord log. Ur reputations lack quite a bit aswell. U could have gotten the VP bracers from August Celestials(iLvl 489) instead of the 463...

Ur Holy Radiance seems to hit an average of 4 people over the 6 attempts.
6 attempts:
84x Holy Radiance
27x Holy Light
14x Divine Light

I would rather use Holy Light/Divine Light more often, because I doubt Rain of Blades is killing people who are topped off on normal mode. Explanation on this would be nice.

I'd also like to ask you to answer the following questions:
-Which glyphs would you consider viable aside from the ones u are using? If any, name a certain fight or situation u would use the glyph(s).
-Which talents would you consider viable aside from the ones u are using? If any, name a certain fight or situation u would use the talent(s).
-What Addon are u using for healing? If none, do you use mouseover healing?
Edit: -Could u post a picture of ur UI? U can upload ur screenshots on http://imgur.com/

Edit: Humans can use Every Man for Himself to remove the Amber Prison, u didn't use it once.

Sintae

Reply please
PimpMyImp

Bog you are scaring him :P

Hi Nick, how are you doing?

The officers only require answers to see whether you know your class well or not, the reason behind your raid performance, and give you something to think about in terms of your play style .. so don't feel pressured Happy

If you got a trial that would be your chance to prove yourself, and if you got a decline you can always work on your character [and take what the officers said into consideration] then apply again.

My only question is: were you benched when your guild had those kills or were you not online in the first place? Because that, combined with your MOP factions reputation indicates that either you are slacking or not available much.

Anyway, good luck with your application. ^^

Vetox

Sorry for not answering quickly. Thought I would be getting e-mail notifications that I got a reply, again sorry. About DS, I have killed all 8/8 HC, not pre-nerf sorry that was a mistake. But I can more than guarantee you that I was not boosted through it, I actually progressed through it. I was not benched on those progress kills, it's the days that the guild keeps on adding on, which I can't attend, Tuesday being one of them. However, on Wednesday, Monday and Sunday, I can raid, and I did do the progress on them.

A fight I would use other talents would be Sacred Shield, somewhere like Garajal or something for the Voodoo Dolls, and Clemency would also be viable. The level 90 talent I dont really consider changing as I've tested the other 3 and I dont like them as much. Not as much utility on Execution Sentence and on Holy Prism, there is a mana cost, and I'd preferably not want to spend more mana on something that has less utility. I use healbot to heal and use TukUI, so yes I do have mouseover healing. I do need to change my bracers, but early xpac I levelled quickly and then stopped playing because of school work which was insane, as well as being new to the school. So I was late on rep.

That world of logs is a terrible example but I had nothing else to do and LFR is a terrible example and showcases no skill.

Kuwait is only 2 hour time difference. I can maintain your raiding schedule otherwise I wouldnt be applying. Ret is my OS but I only use that for dailies so I wouldnt play it. My rogue is my only other 90 for the time being. I can heal very well though and on HC doggies I did 60k hps throughout the whole fight.
Bogsteron

Hi, I am sorry, but reading through the reactions your reasoning did not really convince me.

The progress part mainly. I know its hard to judge something like this on assumption, but
it is sort of obvious that there is something fishy going on with the progress.
And this sort of thing does not sit too well with any of us.

Should I really believe that you have progressed through DS HC with your guild in a week? Especially considering your guild killed madness HC 3 months before you joined.

I mean look, we are all grownups here, I can see you are a bit a lot behind on the progress
but this here wont really "impress" anyone or make it easier for you.
What Id like to see is truth about the progress and see that you want to work on everything
and perhaps earn your place.

This didnt really do it so this will be a decline.

Sorry.

B
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum