Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herbalhaze/bigbatty

re: Bigbattygal-2H Frost DK-Cross Realm App

First name, Age, Gender, Location: Wayne 28 Male UK

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/Bigbattygal/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator? Yes

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev85 alts) None of these alts are raid capable but in answer to your question...http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/Herbalhaze/advanced http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/Ryulight/advanced

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts): On Bigbattygal I have cleared all normal current content. As you can tell from wow heroes http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Anachronos/bigbattygal/ the number of kills of later stages of HoF and ToES are low but that's because of current guild policy. If we had the same group of raiders week in week out we would have cleared many times and way before we did.

Previous raids have been in WOTLK on the character Ryulight of which I have completed most on normal.

As you can see from my rep grinds I have many at revered for gear or all the way to exalted.

Can you speak fluent english? yes

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable)I have a mic and head set not afraid to use it. Our guild uses Team Speak but I would have no problem in downloading mumble if that's what your guild uses.

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...you would be a burden on your raid/guild and deserves a stabbing g/kick.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids? I am more than comfortable using a mic to convey ideas and strategy an example here on this vid. I am the one asking about dps as the previous couple of attempts we had been going into phase 3 with both dissonance fields up. That coupled with the massive aoe damage that goes out was just destroying us. So it was important to get them both off and the raid topped up before we went into that phase. http://youtu.be/RlQJs77pXYI?t=5m40s

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)? : Every day pretty im on line, times vary. Usually do dailies, dungeons for VP. Bit of farming for consumables and gold making. Currently I am in a stable Job working in the mornings and finishing in the afternoons so I literally have every evening free to raid. A luxury I have not enjoyed in the past and intend to take full advantage of.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?

Keepers Of Peace. Current Guild

After a break from the game due to work and family commitments I came back to my account to find the guild I had previously been in had disbanded so I joined this guild to get back on my feet raiding wise. At the time it was touted as a 25 man raiding guild but the majority of the progression has been done in 10 man. Going forward it seems 10 man raiding may now become the norm. I have had the pleasure of being present at many guild first kills and have cleared all normal current content. In the relatively short time I have been back I feel my play and knowledge has come on a long way from what it was.

It is how ever only a casual guild and I feel that I am at the time in my life both personally, work and game wise to commit to a more semi/hardcore guild and 25's is what I wish to raid in.

Grumpy Old Dogs

Now this was a 25 man guild in WOTLK which I joined towards the end of the expansion and the only 2 bosses I failed to down in ICC was Sindragosa and LK usually because when the guild was progressing on these bosses it was a sunday(after clearing all other bosses) when I was working so missed out on some of the fights. I learned a lot of basics In this guild like how to prepare for encounters, consumables, add ons and certainly left me with a taste to continue raiding in the future. As mentioned above the reason I stopped raiding was due to starting a family and working nights

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:

My internet connection is top notch and has not failed me yet "touchwood". Currently I get 36mbps pluged in, 25mbps wireless, 14ms ping, sky fibre broadband.

My machine is a new recently bought laptop and just eats up the 25 man light show aoe popping gangsters.
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3630QM (2.40GHz) 6MB Memory
(RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675MX - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)

Previous videos to protectors was done on a smaller less powerfull HP Pavillion 6 laptop

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection? Can do but usually use wired.

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?

Yes, don't take this as some kind of disloyalty. As mentioned previously its looking like my current guild may be going down the line of splitting in to 10 man rading which is not what I really want. I love and want to be involed in a strong regular 25 man guid.

So I am casting my net wide and looking at any offers I get coming in and considering each one carefully. If I have applied to your guild it is because I feel I have some thing to offer you in terms of ability and socially plus your guild has appealed to me in some way. 124th in tier 14 is a good achievement in it self and at least shows a guild who work hard to achieve some progress.

Please link any WWS or WMO stats.
World of Logs Guild Page http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/143757/

WOL Some Reports http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ciiut0nxbm0d2ch4/ http://worldoflogs.com/reports/26mqhnuu4iol9qpv/ http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i0en64uuxouy5ls9/ http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ei8xj8kbvu4k74a2/

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date? Elitestjerks,wow head, mmo champion, icy-veins, you tube(Fatboss, tank spot, preach gaming, ptr footage, top end guild vids)

Random paragraph about me:

Ok so this may be longer than a paragraph but I want you to get a sense of what im like as a person and player.

I don't take myself too seriously and do like to have a laugh after all this is a game and we play for fun so enjoying the social aspect of it whether it be on guild chat or mumble is also important to me.

The way I approach fights is some what analytical. I will look at the dungeon journal, icy-veins and see the abilities and in my head im thinking along the lines of...Massive Attacks (Spirit Kings) "hug up"...Annihilate (Spirit Kings)"Get the fuck out"...Emperors Courage (WotE) "He gotta die quick" etc etc. Once you seen a mechanic you spot them again and again in different fights and have an idea how to deal with them.

I watch the ptr footage and the Fatboss, Tank Spot, you tube vids and almost "Shadow Box" the melee POV. If I see him move to a certain point at a certain time im asking myself why has he moved there? Whats he gained by doing that? What abilities is he using when X ability comes up? If you want to be the best, learn from the best.

It annoys the fuck out of me when you put so much effort into preparing for fights, you stand there in front of the boss ready for the fight and then those time less immortal words come over vent. "So how do we do this?" Not in the sense of say for example WotE in MSV. If your a plate melee you know full well you could be tanking the strengths, permanently on the boss or helping with adds. If you said "Guys whats my role here?" that's ok, you understand that you could be doing a number of things and you need clarification. But to ask what happens in a fight from start to finish, every ability and then not watching boss timers and dying to simple shit just deserves a stabbing and unfortunately there are 1 or 2 players In my current guild who this could apply to. Rest assured I would not be that guy.

I most certainly do enjoy the DK class. I am a dps by trade and heart. I love to kill with big crits and using my wits. The thing I love about the Frost DK is that there is not as much "bloat" in terms of abilities, every thing has a nice synergy to it. I feel I have become more proficient with the spec over the months rising through my current guild to become one of the top dps within it. Rest assured this attitude would persist no matter where I was to take my DK, my aim would always to be one of the top performing melee not just in terms of numbers but also things like environmental awareness after all a dead dps does no dps am I right?

Just to demonstrate some knowledge of my class...

For my spec 2H the priority...
Strength... Increases AP and damage from other abilities
Expertise... to cap
Hit.. to cap
Haste.. being 2H we want to generate more KM procs
Crit...Harder Obliterates and abilities
Mastery...Disease damage, more usefull to DW spec. Would replace Haste for DW.

For reforging and gemming I use Askmrrobot

Rotation wise if we are talking single target...
Soul Reaper.. when target is below 35%
Obliterate...with "both" diseases on the target and a Killing Machine proc
Diseases
Frost Strike...When I am approaching being Runic powered cap. Try not to cap it In the first place but if you have a KM proc that of course will always take priority.
Howling Blast...with a Rime proc
Obliterate
Frost Strike
Horn of Winter...also usefull to generate RP during any down time.

On an ideal opener I would usually...
Cast Army of the Dead (4 second channel cast) with 6 seconds on countdown
Pre pot (try and eek out every last second)
Deaths Advance (want to be up that bosses ass going balls to the wall dps soon as)
Diseases(with Outbreak)
"Ideally you want an Unholy Strength proc in the first few seconds, wont give it more than 10 as I want to use Pillar of frost with procs up. Waiting to long would not be good."
Pillar of Frost...Macrod to raise dead, lifebloom "increased haste" and any trinket slots.
After normal rotation above pop Empower Rune Weapon for extra burst damage. Usually comes back for near the end of the fight.
After around 28 seconds if I have Plague Mushroom will drop that to keep diseases up on the target.
Also have a discrete swing bar to try an maximise KM procs, do not want to waste them on Frost Strikes if possible.

An AOE rotation...
Diseases
Pestillance...Get those bad boys spread, got to dot em all.
Death and Decay
Pillar of Frost
Howling blast...If both frost and death runes up
Frost strike...If capped on RP. RNG 45% chance with talent Runic Empowerment to activate fully depleted death rune=more Howling Blasts.
Horn of Winter...Generate RP to Frost Strike generating more runes to Howling Blast

Strength of a Frost DK in a raid is it has some nice utility.
Anit Magic Zone...provides some nice magic reduction for the raid usually melee/tanks

Gorefiend's Grasp... can mass grab adds like on heroic Feng shield phase making them easier to AOE down. Also use full for grouping up MC'd players to get them all released quicker like on Spirit Kings and Imperial Vizier.

Remoreselss Winter A nice mass slow then 6 second stun to help deal with adds also can be coupled with another DK using GG to keep targets in place longer.

Death's Advance...Speed boost and passively moving 10% faster means you shouldn't be standing in shit and not a burden on your healers. Get from point A to B quicker increasing dps up time.

ChillBlains...nice if adds need to be kited, keeps a slow on them so hopefully they wont reach the tank or other location. Can be usefull on Lei Shi.

For the DK personally..
Plague leach..if used correctly a free death rune every 30secs, more Obliterates, more damaging abilities.

Purgatory..ok in a fight where the magic damage aint strong or can be coped with by other classes. Basically saves you from death for 3 seconds every 3 mins.

Death Pact..50% maximum health heal hard to pass up.

Ice Bound Fortitude...stun resist and 20% reduced damaged from all sources for 12 secs. Can also stop application of harmful abilities such as Amber Prison on Windlord fight HoF for example.

Anti-magic shell...When glyphed will absorb all incoming magic damage up to its absorb limit, useful on almost all fights. Also stops apllications of harmfull spells example pop it on sha of fear when he does the fear breath to keep out there and dpsing.

Glyphs I roll with can be interchanged depending on the fight. Current selection I have as I write this...

Anit magic shell...explained above

Shifting Presences...can be usefull to go into blood presence for extra dmg reduction to physical attacks, increased health and popping death pact.

Death and Decay...nice area mass slow for adds, used in Lei Shi, Tsulong etc.

Tranquil Grip & Army of the Dead....Abilities no longer taunt the target so the boss/adds do not turn around and one shot my ass.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5BdcyUl9y8

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month? Obviously I have touched on the social side and having a good time while kicking ass and taking names in raids. A fair opportunity to prove my self as a player and a person.

I have some questions for you as a guild that may determine If I accepted any offer you may make.

I may be mistaken but I don't see any WOL reports on your guild or maybe you use a different site? Also you have some kind of PUG Sign up? Although recently I see you have downed WotE recently.

If you are having trouble putting together regular 25 mans, rebuilding a raid team, have people away sick pregnant etc please mention this. PUG Sing up!?!? If I was to spend real money and transfer to find the guild in a state which was not accurately represented I would not be a happy bunny.

So that's my application, I thank you in advance for your time and consideration. (Especially if you read it all I realise its longer than what you asked for but I am some what of a perfectionist ) Hopefully I have touched on everything I needed too. What ever your decision may be I wish you and your guild all the best for the future. Any questions you may have for me are more than welcomed.
Bigshanex

Hey Wayne

Good app from what i can see good knowledge on your class,
Your gems,reforges and enchants are fine but i do want to know
why you are using herbalism since you gain 480 haste and from
using blacksmithing you can gain 640.

Your gear is a little behind ours but we have many new members so no problem there.

I am a little concerned about your progress since from what i can see you have never killed a boss on heroic and i would like to know how you think you will perform in that environment, I only ask since heroic fights are mostly different too normal and just want to make sure you think you can adapt easy to them since your so used to clearly normal.

Your logs look ok but some fights like Garalon you have plenty of room too improve.

For some questions you asked in your app:

Yes we do use WoL`s in every raid.

We are not lacking raiders and the pug signup has been there for some time, we used to put 25m pug alt runs together back in firelands and before, everyone from alonsus who wanted in would sign up there. We havent done them for a long time so it could do with being removed.

Everything looks fine and we could use another dk for our raids.

The aoe rotation is basically spamm hb untill death/frost runes are gone to hit frost strike to gain those runes else there is nothing else wich i can add that this more than from looking at your app

Good luck on your application.

Zelina
Hadjion

Hi.

This was quite the read. I've got a couple of things to add to what Shane and Zev mentioned.

Herbhalhaze/bigbatty wrote:
124th in tier 14 is a good achievement in it self and at least shows a guild who work hard to achieve some progress.

We're 467th 25 man. How many guilds have you applied to, and how are the other apps looking? Not much point spending time evaluating this app if you've got 10 apps to higher progress guilds than us, some of them will accept you for sure.
What are you looking for in addition to just progress, to make you apply to such a wide range of guilds as world 124 and 467?

You claim to have done quite a bit of research, and the length of your app testifies to the amount of work you've put into this, so I wonder how you missed that all the runs in our pug forum was on tuesday/saturday, while we raid on weds/thurs/sunday?. Shane answered your question concerning it.

Our logs are found at http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/97838/
Realm list-->Alonsus-->The Elysian Templars, very easy to find.
Herbalhaze/bigbatty

Firstly thank you for your replies so far and your answers to my questions.

Quote:
Your gems,reforges and enchants are fine but i do want to know
why you are using herbalism since you gain 480 haste and from
using blacksmithing you can gain 640.

I was lead to believe that The haste would be beneficial to my spec but if this is not the case it will have to be some thing I look at changing going forward.

Quote:
I am a little concerned about your progress since from what i can see you have never killed a boss on heroic and i would like to know how you think you will perform in that environment, I only ask since heroic fights are mostly different too normal and just want to make sure you think you can adapt easy to them since your so used to clearly normal.

If I did not cover this in my app I apologise but I will cover it now.

Does this mean I will crumble and implode under the pressure as soon as I set foot into a heroic raid? No.

I have not been able to gain any in my current guild as heroic raiding is currently not considered a priority, it is a casual guild after all and to be expected. I could not simply return from my break away from the game and demand a spot in a hc progression guild that would be silly. I would need to prove myself a capable raider.

I have demonstrated my preparation for boss fights and my philosophy as a player overall. I am not looking to be carried nor do I expect to be, I am more than capable of pulling my own weight and holding my own. If you were to watch my videos from the start of MSV to the end of the raid tier you would see gradual improvement in play style and use of add ons.

Not once in the history of me playing this game have I felt over awed by an encounter, if any thing I thrive on the challenge to come. When we saw the early ptr footage of Spirit Kings people were like "oh shit!" I was like "I want to get in there and fuck their shit up!" Similarly looking at 5.2 I cant wait for fights like Twin Consorts and Horridon.

Again any questions you may have feel free to post, my door is always open.

Just seen a reply to the thread so going to cover it now...

Quote:
We're 467th 25 man

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/en/rating.tier14_25?faction=alliance&raids_week=&lang=en&class=&spec=

Sorry to cause any confusion it must be the search settings I had in place. I have it set to English speaking realms I believe.

Quote:
How many guilds have you applied to, and how are the other apps looking? Not much point spending time evaluating this app if you've got 10 apps to higher progress guilds than us, some of them will accept you for sure.

Thank you for your confidence . But on a serious note I realise the length of apps and time it takes to read through, check items, raids, videos etc and have only applied to 3 guilds so far to see what kind of response and feed back I get.

I have put a lot of time into these apps and rest assured I am not wasting any ones time here. I have invested a lot of time myself in making these apps.

Quote:
You claim to have done quite a bit of research, and the length of your app testifies to the amount of work you've put into this, so I wonder how you missed that all the runs in our pug forum was on tuesday/saturday, while we raid on weds/thurs/sunday?.

Don't get me wrong when I saw it I was like wtf? What is this . But it has been explained and im fine with that. I knew your main raid days its on your from home page after all. The weekend raid was decribed as alts but probably should have figured maybe you pug for this which again is fine.
Bogsteron

Hello,

thanks for a long and detailed app, a lot of effort put into it for sure. Thats a +

Now to the point, we have a pretty crowded roster atm, but it is prone to changes as
we all have a RL and unforseen can happen at any time. That would be where you come in.
Everyone has an equal chance to get a spot, trial or not - just a note.

Your progress is behind ours that is for a fact, but what you lack in progress you seen
to be able to substitute with extra effort and attitude.

Another note - be sure that sometimes you would be benched, we all are at times.

I have a question, it was raised here in another manner but still.
What about your other apps. If we were to give you a trial would you join on the spot or?

I have some expectations from you if you were to join with some lack of progress and those are:
Being a loyal member - think on what guild to join, use the trial to evaluate if you want
to be a member or not - we had problems with this in the past, nothing personal.

Maintain high attendance and be ready to wipe!

That would be all for now.

Looking forward to your reply.

Bog
Bigshanex

Quote:
I was lead to believe that The haste would be beneficial to my spec but if this is not the case it will have to be some thing I look at changing going forward.

This is true haste is prio stat for you, what i am saying is with bs you will be gaining either 140 haste if you choose to gem that or you will gain 320 extra strength which of course would be the better way to go.

Quote:
I have a question, it was raised here in another manner but still.
What about your other apps. If we were to give you a trial would you join on the spot or?

Well at the moment your guild is the only one of the 3 to fully engage with me and my app. Another I am waiting for any kind of reply and the other is basically a thanks for the app we will get back to you soon. I think its only fair that I give them a reasonable amount of time to respond and get a feel for them as people and a guild. A big thanks for the swift reply.

Quote:
Another note - be sure that sometimes you would be benched, we all are at times.

Quote:
I have some expectations from you if you were to join with some lack of progress and those are:
Being a loyal member - think on what guild to join, use the trial to evaluate if you want
to be a member or not - we had problems with this in the past, nothing personal.

Maintain high attendance and be ready to wipe!

Rest assured if I am paying real money to transfer im going to be putting in the effort to stay and secure a place.

As for benching I am ok with that, the guild I was in WOTLK had a big roster also but the policy was perhaps a bit different from what your guild may do, you were basically given a wild card to the next raid week and possibly took a spot in the current week if some one could not attend. If as you say every one is given an equal chance to get a spot that's fine. What I don't want to be is a permanent bench warmer/standby.

If I was to be offered a trial and I accepted I would probably transfer soon as reasonably possible but as i said I am giving the other apps a fair chance but it would be no longer than a week from now I would say.
Bogsteron

Hi, waiting a week will unfortunately not do for me, as your progress is well behind ours
and our roster pretty full.

I have decided that you are not the best candidate at this point.

Your app was nice, detailed and well written, but to be honest I detect something I
do not really like from someone in your position.

Just a headsup really.

Cheers for a good effort with the app.

Goodluck finding a new home for your DK!

Bog
Herbalhaze/bigbatty

That's unfortunate news but thanks again for your time and consideration. All the best to you and your guild.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum