Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
aleks7838

re: Daiisy Draenor Protection Warrior

Application Form

First name, Age, Gender, Location: Alexandra, 28, female, Copenhagen

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:
My name is Daiisy from Draenor EU, protection warrior:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Daiisy/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator? yes

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev85 alts)
I have 10 alts on dreanor, i barely even play most of them, but the ones that are worth mentiong are:
Stylla - blood dk with frost os ofc ( not so super geared imo) and i havent killed anything on it yet in tot. here is a link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Stylla/advanced
Bunia - enhancement shaman plus resto, but i just recently decided to try healing on it, so yeah, im so bad at healing still:) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Bunia/advanced
Hylonome - shadow with offspec discipline (again i dont really know how to heal on it yet, since i havent been using this one so much and i just dinged before tot came out), but here is a link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Hylonome/advanced
Meliai - lvl 85 frost and fire mage. this character is pretty much my proffesion alt for now, but still take a look on my awful gear:) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Meliai/advanced
i have some more alts, 2 on alliance side, but really i barely play them nowadays. its always like this for me that when new content is out i focus much more on my main and eventually i start lvling again or gearing alts if i have not much more to do on my warrior

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts): I just got 12/12 tonight on 10man, so that would be 1 kill on lei - shen. the guild i am in now is 25man guild, but until few weeks ago it was 10man. we did clear all on 25man in tot, but lei shen was a bit problematic esp transitions so we decided to finish it on 10man so we can go to a hc or two next reset. Ow, the reason why my kills on armory vary so much is because the guild im in now had a third tank as back up sort of and not only we had to rotate but recently i was passing for him few times because he had lower gear than the 2 main tanks.

Can you speak fluent english? yes (or else you should be the jugde of that since english is not my mother language)

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable) i have mumble, maybe it just requires update, havent used it in a while and ofc i have headset!Happy

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because... i hate when i speak on any communicator and i can hear myself so i wouldnt want to do that to anybody and also because using speakers would be extremly annoying for my bf.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids? im super comfortable speaking during raids if its needed, both to announce things or to discuss tacs, but i am pretty much quiet during raids and encounters because there are already so many ppl speaking about not important things that i dont want to waste our time more so usually i tank to the other tank in another channel if there is anything to discuss or in whispers. also its not like i actually need to talk that much, once we (me and the second tank) know what to do there isnt much to talk about really. but trust me i am very chatty person outside the raids and if there is time and place for it:)

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)? in the week i can raid any day really until 23.30, but saturdays it depends if i have any plans with family etc, but if im really needed in a raid ill make plans so i can come.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave? thats going to take a while to list all the guilds i have been in, but lets see the major ones whould be:
rom oter - i was there only social when i started playing and i think i tanked with them for a bit, but not really for long, becasue they didnt really need 3rd tank so i left and joined:
leviathan where we raided as i remember ulduar 25man? omg, that has been so long time ago. after the raid leader took a break in wow the guild pretty much fell apart and me and few from the team were asked if we can help on silvermoon in a guild called...logical cube? srsly, i hate questions about guild names! anyways, on silvermoon and than wildhammer in the vikings (or scandinavian vikings?) i was raiding icc 25man and 10man. after that i came back to draenor and started a guild with some friends and we raided briefly 10man cataclysm content until we merged with 5th element, but they have quit to play swtor but i was made guild master and i was still raid leader and we did manage to casually clear FL10man. i think i was missing only last boss in ds before i also took a break to try swtor, but that wasnt so fun, so after few months i came back to wow and joined detrimentum on draenor. i left detrimentum after couple of months to join really small guild the nationthat needed few extra ppl, but ppl raged quit because of raid leader who took it too far, so i joined the savior for really short time and than finally i joined hollow grin, which after really 5days or sth joined the guild i am in now - the devils own. uff, that was a long story! the reason why i left some of the guilds (those that didnt disband or were on a break) is mostly politics, it really ticks me of when the officers (and friends) favor few ppl above others with loot, slacking, not being prepared and such. not only its not fair to others, but it also slows down progress. so yeah, i never had problem with actual ppl and raiding per say, but imo a raid team should be well orgnised in order to progress in a reasonable speed, not necesarry hard-core, but just progress step by step. and this guild i am in now has great potential, but really no structure, anybody can do what the hell they want and we can eg wait for one dps for 40min just because he is the most *pro* of all of us instead of taking for the time being another dps who is on standby.. or ppl get replaced during trash, just before pulling the boss whenever, often without even a beep of explanation why, but most of the time,not because they failed, but because another dps who is 2h late just came on.. jeez, see my point? this doesnt help with progress and atmosphere in the raid!

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection: omg really? i dont know! i have pretty good pc, i think its a bit over a year old, but i dont know details, can i get back to you with that when my bf wakes up?Happy my internet is good too, i rarely ever lag or disconnect, i know we have 23 now but im suppose to get 50/50 soon, whatever that means:)

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection? no idea, i think so.. again ill get back to you with that:)

Any other Guild applications active at the moment? not atm no

Please link any WWS or WMO stats. hmm, ill have to find some recent wol saves to show you that i think, but i doubt you are going to get any useful information from that tbh as i normally tank different things from boss to boss so my meters would be different.

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date? usually i use fatboss or tankspot for tacs and tips, but also icy veins and mmo champion, wowhead, wowwiki, wow armory, depending on what it is im trying to find:)

Random paragraph about me: As you can see im pretty chatty person, im very friendly and social. i live in denmark but i am polish.i have younger sister and 4 years old french bulldog. i work as a temp right now mostly in H&M warehouse. i like reading and watching tv serials or just chill with some good music in my spare time. my favourite colour is blue. i like spending time in the garden when its warm. i like to travel but i dont think we are going anywhere this year except to poland for a week for first comunion, is that how you call it? also i am 1,65cm tall, have dark blond hair and my bra size is .. hmm was that almost too much info?Happy i could talk for hours about those kind of things, but i never know what to write about myself, im pretty average jane in general. but im looking forward to chit chat over mumble later on:)

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is: My friend wiping grul 25man because he was a main tank healer and he was too late to heal him because.. he had to scratch his balls:P

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month? i hope for a change of environment and possibility to raid in an organised nice raid team. also i hope for progress but im not too fussed about it if we are stuck on a boss or few:)

Press "Preview" & check this looks as it should? (You cannot edit your own post in this forum)
shadowstar88

Hello Alexandra,

I have spoken with you tonight about your interest in the guild and about you possible joining us. I had the idea that you are a player who is really interested and if I read your application I see that you putted effort in your application.
Your gear is up to our level and we do need a second tank.I think you will be a good addition to our 25 man team.
Its definately a yes from me.

Good luck with your application.

-Shadowstar
Sertralina

Hi Alexandra

I know nothing about warriors, but you put in a lot of effort in the application. And as I see, you live close to me. (I live in malmo).

It's a yes from me!

Kromars

Very nice app, and nice that you cleared the other MoP bosses before ToT. Wish you luck on you app =)
ShadowLone
Site Guru

Hi,

A very nice app. Could you please explain your talents a bit?

Q

aleks7838

re: talents and glyphs

hey:) sure i can explain my talents. i think vigilance and enraged regenaration doesnt require so much explaining every tank should have that, even though vigilance is not so good as it used to be its still handy when im not doing anything and the other tank is getting hammered, it can save lives:)
i chose juggernaut, becasue with heroic leap and intervene i have enough mobility, so the lower cd on charge is all i need to move around to pick up adds or fast change places.
i have distrupting shout atm, because it was useful for horridon fight for the adds, when we had slacker interrupters.
i chose bloodbath, because the dot from it is awesome and together with dragons roar boosts up my dps a tiny bit and also its much easier to collect all adds on add encounters with dragons roar rather than shockwave, although that spell is situational for me, eg on empress and lei shi i used shockwave to get some more time to escape (empress) and to not get killed by the adds on lei shi. recently eg on lei shen, i think it better to choose dragons roar, because many ppl failed on adds so eventually i had quite a bunch, and take that with moving for overcharged and blocking pools, its a bit to do and i would just waste time to try to position myself for shockwave when dragons roar just takes the adds all around me and i have good enough threat:) but that spell is really situational, if for any fight that doesnt work i ofc switch to shockwave or even bladestorm (not that often but if its better for a specific fight id use it ofc).
but in fact i only have regeneration vigilance and bloodbath permamently, the rest i switch around depending on the fight, whats best to use to improve dps or kiting or mobility.
also about my talents a few words: hold the line and heavy reprecussions are pretty standard tank glyphs, but i have death from above atm for lei shen, because i was taking decapitate every time, so i wanted to be 100% sure that my leap will be ready by the time i need to run with it again, it also helps with soaking pools and picking up adds to have a bit lower cd on it. normally i use endless rage in that slot. i hope that explains well enough why im using what i have right now, but many things are not permament as i need to be flexible as a tank and figure out how to best improve my peformance or threat or other things:)
Kromars

Just one thing, why under the expertice/hit cap?
aleks7838

re: hit/expertise cap

my hit is at 7,10% and expertise at 10,94%. the reason why i miss a bit to be capped is becasue i have changed my build last week from hit/exp>mastery> parry and dodge into mastery>hit and expertise> parry and dogde priority. the reason why i changed is becasue i was fine geared for the content i am in and its not like i have problems with threat, so i thought that build is going to decrease my incomming dmg which will ease the healers. this is just sth i am trying out and so far i had no complains with the new build, but also i only done i think iron qon, twins and lei shen with it. i need to test it more and see the difference. so yeah, basiclly i did full reforge and gem into mastery but that left me slightly below caps.
Jeno.

Heya Daiisy. Good luck with ur app Happy

Just same question, why not hit/exp capped?

Håber vi ses snart ;)

Hi,

I have another question for you. Why did you not use second wind as 2nd tier talent?

Q.

Kromars

Ok as long as you reduce dmg taken I am happy =) I like tanks that think less dmg taken =) Nothing else from me, and hope you get aproved =)
aleks7838

re: send wind vs enraged regeneration

i think enraged generation is better for me, because i can control it and see for myself when is best to use it, eg if i know there is huge dmg comming my way i can even pre-use sort of as a small hot. there is almost no fight in raiding where i would be safe at or below 30% health anyways, the only times when that happens is if i really spike, which i dont these days or when we are wiping. i guess second wind would be good for fights with ticking raid dmg and than it will serve as a kind of dmg reduction,but really i am never left that low as tank as long as my healers are alive.
shadowstar88

Thanks for all your detailed answers.
We will get with a decision later this afternoon.
-Shadowstar
Hadjion

Solid app.
I'll just make note of some warriory/tanky points.

I'd recommend going hit/exp hardcap (or close to it) and then going mastery. If you use sb the extra rage helps you maximize uptime of sb which again gives you more chances at critblocking and may even outweigh the mastery (though I have no math to back this up, purely speculation on my part).
In any case, being capped gives you the safety of knowing that you'll get rage from the next ss/revenge, which gives you more control of your rage. It also increases your dmg, and with vengeance being the way it is, tanks should be competing for top spots on many fights. You adding 3k to your dps is just as valuable as a dps adding 3k to their dps, but a great many tanks don't consider this.

I completely agree on your assesment of enraged regen. An advantage of going sb over sbar (I'm not sure which one you go for) is that enrage uptime is higher, so you're not as dependant on berserker rage. Also sb is a significant dps increase with your glyph. (I like dmg)

Vigi is a solid talent. Safeguard is a shorter CD, but it's risky to use to assist tanks with attacks that apply a debuff, Ji-Kun's claw being a prime example. It's up to personal preference and depends on the fight. Note that intervene and safeguard applied 2 different buffs to the target, so with good communication and a cancelaura macro, you can use safeguard for the 20% dmg reduction without soaking any attacks.

I would go for dragon roar on all fights, the dmg is insane compared to sw, which is barely an increase over devestate. Dragon roar isn't really situational, I'd say use it on all fights, and use it whenever you have vengeance and possibly a dps boost. If it's rdy and you're not tanking, I would usually wait until a few secs after i taunt to use it, because the extra dmg from vengeance outweighed the dmg lost from not using it directly on CD.
Short example: On Jin'Rokh you can step into the pool (if you don't have the debuff) for a 40% dmg increase and hit dragon roar for 1M+ dmg Happy
Also a note on shockwave, if you stun all the mobs, they'll come out of the stun with syncrhonized swing timers and nuke you, the same goes for cases where you hc leap out of range so all the mobs run to you and reach you at approx the same time.

Again, a very solid app and it seems like you know your stuff.
Hadjion

Why are you using Colossus on your weap?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum