Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parollax

re: Application - Shawmao, Monk DPS

First name, Age, Gender, Location:
Camilo, 23, lemme check... yep male, Sweden

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Shawmao/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator?
Yes I do!

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
Skyblaze - Fury Warrior lv 90:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Skyblaze/advanced
This used to be my main since early Cata until I started playing monk a couple of months ago I don't really play him anymore but I still love the warrior class Happy

Skyraptor - Hunter lv 85:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Skyraptor/advanced
this guy hasn't got any love this expac but he's got cool goggles!

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts): I'm currently at 11/12 ToT, I missed out on Lei Shen kill but I have been on that fight on normal mode. I have otherwise killed the early bosses about 4 or 6 times each up until Durumu and from there 3 times up until Mr.Qon. Qon and Consorts I've only killed once so far.

Can you speak fluent english?
English? Yes! Fluently? Yup! Speak? You betcha!

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable)
I've got Mumble and Headset.

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...
it's very disrespectful for the people who has to hear the echo, also it's silly really, I mean c'mon guys.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids?
I don't necessarily blab much during raids but I'm ok with it and I've got no problem with saying important stuff or if I think something is relevant to the discussion. I can ofc join in on some friendly chatter during trash, it all depends really on how strict you are with the talking during raids.

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?
All of those days sounds good to me Happy

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?
The latest guild I've been in is Devils Own, Draenor. There were imo problems with how the guild leader and officers ran the guild not only outside of raids but also during raids. People got screwed out of loot and newly promoted raiders that were promised spots kept getting replaced by the officer's favorite members which was even worsened by the fact that they kept bringing way more people than what they actually needed which they then once again didn't let in on the raids. Before that I was in Detrimentum which was also on Draenor and they had the exact same problem with overrecruiting to the point where I stopped getting invited because the warrior I was replacing decided to come back.

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:
I've got a stock i7 3770k 3.5GHz, Radeon HD 7970 GHz and a 100/10 fiberoptic internet connection. So basically I'm running everything flawlessly even on 25man and with a stable connection however the internet does disconnect every other month for a few hours. I'm not so sure what that's about but it hasn't affected my raiding so far.

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?
Nope, ethernet cable straight into the wall.

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?
What? no! I mean, what have you heard? ;)
No this is the only guild I'm applying to.

Please link any WWS or WMO stats.
My latest run of the first 5 bosses: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hr6wzh5mrcf7mqk0/details/44/

and some more from the next raid:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rpv3vx8hzuals9uo/details/15/

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?
MMOchampion and WoW forums usually work for news. Fatboss, tankspot and icy veins for well explained easy to understand tactics. Happy

Random paragraph about me:
I have a cat, he's kind of a dick. Something about me though, I love videogames and it's a hobby that I really enjoy getting losing myself in. I always have a positive view on things and I'm always open for new ideas about what to do in raids and how to play my class. the important thing imo is to learn and get better not just for my own sake of being a skilled player but also for the benefit of the guild.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:
When a good friend of mine took me to ICC for the first time and in a moment of panic started spamming chat with "DON'T REALIZE" at the point where everyone dies. Confused as I was I didn't press the release button which was what she meant, not to release and by the time I regained some sense we had already been revived. Happy

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?
No matter how much progression there is, if personalities don't mesh well together it won't be fun to raid. So what I hope for the most is that I'll fit right in with everyone else in the guild. It's way more rewarding to clear a raid together with people you like than with people you dread to play with.

Extra Note:
about my proffesions, they are low I know and I'm currently working on that. Just in case you were wondering Happy
Catilinus

Hi,

Nice and decent application. But you really need to get your professions to full so you get the extra buffs from it. I like funny people but sometimes it's a bit over done. Specially if no one knows you yet. So watch out with that.

I don't know much about monks so i'm waiting for more reactions from others about the talents/gear.

An answer can take a bit longer today as it's ascension day in a lot of countries.

A few questions

1. Your offspec, not that it will be used, but a raiding team needs sometimes to use a players
offspec. What migh your offspec be?

2. You are at 9k haste, while the recomended haste is a place between 6-7k. Could you explain
your choice in higher haste than the recomended?
shadowstar88

Hello,
Thanks for your application.
Like Cat said please get your proffessions up please.

I have a question aswell:
On what fights would you use your spirits (cleave) and how would you use them?

I will let Zev check the logs later and see if he comes up with anything special.

Good luck with your appplication.

Ps i think we should stop getting swedish people in we have almost more then dutch people now;)

-Shadowstar
ShadowLone
Site Guru

Hi and ty for applying to us. I have some questions for you:

1) why did you choose Diffuse Magic over Dampen Harm? (not saying it's a good or bad choice but I want to know the reason)
2)Glyphs: As far as I know one of the glyphs to use was the touch of death. Am I wrong? Why did you choose glyph or Afterlife?

3) Stats: Wasn't the hit cap 7.5%? Can you explain why your stats look a bit off?

Q.

Parollax

Hello and thanks for reading my application!
I will try and answer you questions as best as I can.

1. Going for a healer spec if anything. Usually there are already a few people with tanking as their second spec and you only need two for a raid so it seems smarter to go with healing since you need more of those to get something started if people are missing or alt raid. If there's ever a weird situation where it would be needed a monk could also go Healer/Dps for a bit of both worlds.

2. This is something I've been tinkering with as I've been getting gear throughout the tier, I stacked it at first in the beginning when I was lacking in ilvl for an early dps boost. Our autoattacks are by far the most damaging thing in our arsenal as they can hit hard and they hit fast which is really good to have early when everything else is too low to make a difference like for example crit. so about that haste, monks are not very bursty dpsers instead we reach our normal top dps that we get during normal rotations and we stay there and mantain it. This is most obvious on a pull where peope will start falling down the meters much faster than monks after their cds.

That's where the haste recommendation comes in, because more haste means more white hits which mean an easier time maintaining the dps even if you would happen to screw your rotation somewhat for example, if you move while recovering energy you cancel yourself which can starve you if you're not careful so then the comfort of knowing that your autoattacks will cover for you for a bit.

This "comfort" comes though with a price. While I can serve a predictable dps even during phases where it would be hard to maintain it normally I do lose out on burst which limits me during burn phases. This wasn't a problem though in my old guild because that usually at that point it meant a kill, instead I focused on maximizing my dps during normal phases to get through those quicker. an example of a boss fight where that was helpful like that would be lei shen. I do recognize that your needs are different from my last guild and while my dps was good enough during those conditions now I will have to adapt to your players performance and to your expectations so I have no issues taking a chunk of haste and dumping it into crit because imo it's about being flexible so I would gladly change if needed. Also sorry for the long answer Happy
Parollax

@shadowstar88
My spirit cleave is pretty much automatic as it's nothing I use specifically for groups of enemies instead it's an ability used on cd and it greatly helps with my dps and self healing.
It used to be a mob group attack but they changed it this patch and to replace it we got a new ability, "Storm, Earth, and Fire" which I use when there are 2 or 3 mobs.

@ShadowLone
1. One mitigates physical damage and the other spell damage. So these are abilities I am always changing from boss to boss. Just need bag space for a bunch of tomes
I switch it because it's a really important to have the right one for the boss you're currently fighting, most of the time I can almost completely avoid damage altogether and then do a self heal straight afterwards. the cooldown is short so I can use them often as well. Together with "Touch of Karma" I can on some fight avoid a lot of the raid heavy attacks. On jikun I can negate two pools every cd, I can negate every quakestomp on tortoise, same deal with Megaera, on Lei shen I can take static shock on my own, I can even absorb someone elses. So as you can see it makes my life easier and healers save some mana.

2. All that does is remove the chi cost, which means I can spam it quicker when it becomes available, but on 25 man 500k health is gone in a second or two during burn phase. I usually go for the aggro reducing glyph just in case but there's no really useful third glyph. touch of karma glyph is good if I'm out of range and we need to stack up because of raid damage. As for why I've go afterlife it's because I haven't been in a raid in over a week and afterlife is just my go to questing glyph.

3. I'd love to say how there is something awesome about having that, but no unfortunately that's an oversight on my part.
ShadowLone
Site Guru

We'll discuss your app and get back to you shortly.

ShadowLone
Site Guru

Something that I just saw and would like to hear your explanation on it (pm/mumble if you preffer). Why did you leave out Savior and Nation as guild?

Parollax

Yeah I'm ok with talking on mumble, just direct me with ip and pass if you have one.
Parollax

I got the info now so I can go on mumble, I'm online in wow now as well. Happy
Catilinus

Accepted for trial.

Thanks for accepting me, I'll be online later this evening Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum