Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b0kolis

re: Bokolis - Balance Druid

First name, Age, Gender, Location:
Hello, I’m Michalis 32 year’s old living in Greece.
ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:
I apply on my main character (Bokolis). Main specc is Balance which I prefer to keep as my main specc since it has the most gear and I’m more comfortable to play with. As for off-specc I have resto mainly for speeding up queue times on dungeons. Over the years I’ve played all speccs and can change that for whatever your needs are. You can check my armory here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Bokolis/advanced
Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator?
Yes I do have one.
Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev85 alts)

I have many alts, mostly for the profession and the occasional manipulation of AH prices.
On Alonsus my alts are:
Alliance Priest (90) – http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Kawk/advanced
Horde Hunter (90) – http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Hantard/advanced
Alliance DK (86) - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Lulukass/simple
Alliance Warrior (86) - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/strontzor/advanced
I also have some alts on Ravencrest:
Alliance Paladin (87) - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Ledin/advanced
Alliance Shaman (85) - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Papias/advanced
Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):
I only count boss kills during respective expansions.

Mists of Pandaria (Whole raiding done on Mists was on your raids as a pug)
Throne of Thunder 4/12 – 1 HC
Terrace of Endless Spring 4/4
Heart of Fear 6/6
Mogu'shan Vaults 2/6 HC

Cataclysm (Raided with Renown – Alonsus)
Dragon Soul 8/8 (5/8 heroic)
Firelands 7/6 (3/7 heroic)
Blackwing Descent 6/6 (1/6 heroic)
The Bastion of Twilight 5/5
Throne of the Four Winds 2/2

Wrath of the Lich King (Raided with Nemesis - Ravencrest)
The Ruby Sanctum 0/1
Icecrown Citadel 11/12 (Done with pugs on my Shaman as resto)
Onyxia's Lair 0/1 (was on a break)
Trial of the Crusader 0/5 (was on a break)
The Ulduar 13/14 (With Nemesis – Ravencrest)
Naxxramas 14/14 (With Nemesis – Ravencrest)
The Eye of Eternity 1/1 (With Nemesis – Ravencrest)
The Obsidian Sanctum 1/1 (With Nemesis – Ravencrest)

The Burning Crusade (Raided with Swords & Spells – Alonsus)
Sunwell Plateau 0/6
Black Temple 1/9
Hyjal Summit 4/5
The Eye 3/4
Serpentshrine Cavern 5/6
Magtheridon's Lair 1/1
Gruul's Lair 1/1
Karazhan 12/12

Can you speak fluent english?
Yes I can understand and speak English fluently
Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable)
Yes and Yes
Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...
We are getting older and our ears getting easier to bleed.
How comfortable are you speaking during raids?
Have no issues at all, although I’d try to speak only for important stuff during raids.
Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?
As most of you, I have a very busy real life going on. I work long hours each day, have a girlfriend, friends and I do sports when my schedule allows me to. In the meantime, I try to fit in WoW which I consider it as one of my hobbies for many years now.
TL;DR:
Wednesday: I can always attend, no real life issues that day
Thursday: I can always attend apart from the two proceeding weeks that I have some work to do and I’ll be 15-20 minutes late.
Sunday: During weekends I usually go out of town, so my attendance is not sure. As a rule of thumb, I could say that I’ll be available once every three weeks.
What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?
Swords and spells (Alonsus): Started my wow career in mid TBC and I joined SaS cause my irl friend Kostas (Pugtheridon) was on that guild. I raided with em for the whole TBC as a bear. I left SaS in the beginning of WoTLK and migrated to Ravencrest due to the fact my irl friends quitted wow and at the same time another irl friend played on that realm on a progression guild.
Nemesis (Ravencrest): I stayed there and progressed until ulduar came out. We had a very quick 13/14 (continued playing bear back then) when out of a sudden I had some serious irl issues (work and stuff) and had to take a break for a long period (a year as far as I remember). Note that, it’s the only break I’ve taken off the game since I started playing it. When I came back from my break, the guild had disbanded. I tried to take things simple after my return and since Ravencrest was the ultimate pugging realm, I pugged most of ICC (including some heroic kills) on my resto shaman. When Cataclysm was about to hit, I decided to return to alonsus and play there.
Renown (Alonsus): I joined renown with my irl friends (Pugtheridon / Kasaries) and had most of my raiding with them during cataclysm (as a shadow priest in the start and as a boomkin later when I transferred my druid back on alonsus). That guild started very promising but in the end had some serious sign-up issues which led to its disband. I have to say that during Pandaria my real life schedule had conflicts with the raiding schedule of the guild so, I didn’t have the chance to raid apart from runs I joined you.
CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:
Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.83 GHz, 24GB of Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 graphics card and ADSL2+ internet connection (~ 16Mbps Download / 1 Mbps Upload)
Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?
Nope, I connect to my modem/router using an Ethernet cable.
Any other Guild applications active at the moment?
Nope.
Please link any WWS or WMO stats.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z2y7ccp2plt555i6/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e26dv7j1t7441ho7/
What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?
Elitist Jerks, Icy Veins, Noxxic, mmo-champion
Tankspot Vox Immortalis (video guides)
The Rawr Project/ Sunfyre's Nest for druid related stuff
Random paragraph about me:
I’m an WoW enthusiast. Even during my break I was keeping myself up to date with things regarding the game. Other than that, I work as a computer engineer on the local university. I consider WoW as a place I can relax after long working hours. Consider as well I’m a serious AH player and I’ve made couple of millions of gold during the past years, which I’ve spent to countless unrelated pixel stuff (mounts/pets etc) over the years. I still remember me spending gold for 6 Traveler’s tundra mammoths for my characters prior mounts gone account wide :P

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:
Gonna be a bit long story but really it is super funny (at least it brings a smile upon my face each time I recall it).
During the start of WoTLK we had a “secret project” running on alonsus. Me, Kostas and two other friends who played on a well-established guild on alonsus (all from Greece) had the thought of running a regular Saturday morning alt run on naxx/OS/eye. The only requirement to join our run was to be Greek since we wanted to speak Greek on Vent and generally have fun. On our attempt to find suitable Greek players (trust me – super rare on alonsus), we had to bring some not so good people on the raid. As I said it would be just for fun – although we managed to down the normal content back then.
Our two friends who played hardcore back in the day said that we should be prepared in terms of flasks/potions and stuff (something that many of us are used to nevertheless). Anyway, we had a tank that really had no idea what flask/potion/enchant/gem was, nor had any experience gaining any gold to buy that stuff. We teased him a lot regarding that stuff – and by saying a lot, I mean it (consider 9 people teasing you about that stuff, but since it was casual runs and we didn’t have any replacements for his position we kept him – and GOD HE WAS AWFUL). After some weeks, he joined the raid and he was bragging about how pro he was, and that he was all flasked up for the raid. When we checked his buff, we found out how pro he was!!!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=34537

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?
A serious and fun raiding environment.
shadowstar88

Hello,
Thanks for your application.
I was checking your armory and I noticed something. Could you explain to me why you use 2 brilliant serpents eyes instead of full crit ones? And why did you decide to go for the intellect crit gem in your legs?

About your application you putted effort in it wich is good. You raided with us a few times but I would like to see an answer on the question above.

-Shadowstar
b0kolis

Hi Shadowstar and thanks for the reply. I usually want to keep bonuses. In general Intellect is the strongest stat (as far as i know at least), followed by crit. In my attempt to rise a bit my SP i preferred the crit+intellect gem on the newly acquired gear (which is the legs). In case you recommend something else, it won't be a problem to fix it.

On a side note, i can support financially whatever is needed from the guild in terms of gems changes/consumables etc.

Michalis
shadowstar88

Crit is this patch a stronger stat then intellect. If it comes to gemming this means: red sockets are intellect crit gems, yellow sockets are full crit, blue sockets are spirit crit.
If you add sockets like on your belt and weapon I would alwys go for full crit.

-Shadowstar
b0kolis

Fixed!
I must misunderstood some things i read. Always happy to learn.

Cheers for the feedback!
M.
ShadowLone
Site Guru

Accepted for trial. Please whisper any officer for invite.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum