Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verzuvius

re: Application Bloodyshot - Hunter

First name, Age, Gender, Location:
Joppe, 18, Male! currently residing in The Netherlands

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Bloodyshot/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator?

I like to feel that my characters are safe at night, makes me sleep better. So yes, I do have an Authenticator

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev85 alts)

ALL my alts? I don't even know the names for some of them, but here we go.
Treos level 90 Protection paladin http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Treos/advanced
Mariael level 90 Restoration Shaman http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Mariael/advanced
Meriael Level 90 Holy/Disc priest http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Meriael/advanced
Illiviia Level 90 Frost mage http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Illiviia/advanced
livvia Level 87 Warrior
Blind level 84 Rogue ( HORDE )
Merail Level 70 Warlock
Merial Level 67 Monk
Elivia Level 58 Death Knight
Epsilona ( Bank )

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):

In the current tier I have only done 2/12 and a few tries on the the Council. I've killed the first boss on my hunter, and the second one on my pala, ( due to our team back then missing a tank ) In the previous tier I've only been able to accomplish MSV Normal, and some of HoF this because back then I was not stationed in a raiding guild but in a social guild. Don't let the lack of Experience decieve you though! I have spent quite some time watching tactic videos on most of the fights. So I do know what is going on when its going on Happy.

Can you speak fluent english?
Most Certainly

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable)

I do have mumble installed yes, and I do own a headset.

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...

I think there's about 20 ways to finish this sentence. But I would go forrrrr : of Echo, of Blowing my ears out, of disturbing other people.. and so on and so on.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids?

Whenever I notice something or have something important to say I'll say it, say so in raidchat or whipser an officer. Whenever something bugs me or I have suggestions you'll know about them. Dont worry about that. I know when to shut up, and I know when to say something.

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?
Yes I am able to raid on those days.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?

In MoP so far I've been in Knights of Lore They were a social guild which I joined because I thought I would never get into raiding again. Why did I leave? Turns out I did eventually wanted to get into raiding again. Afterwards I Found the guildmasters of Redwood in a PuG and they invited me into their guild so that they could start progressing. I gladly joined. A few weeks after the Guildmasters decided that leading a guild was to hard and left the server leaving me where I am now.

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12288MB RAM
Page File: 7316MB used, 17256MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Besides this I have a 1920X1080 monitor and a 1140*900 Monitor the first one used as my main screen and the second one used as a side screen.

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?
Thank god I dont. I hate Wi-Fi ( when its used on pc's that is )

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?

No.

Please link any WWS or WMO stats.

None that I could find sadly.

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?

On patchnotes, I basicly check the battle.net site daily to see if any changes have been made via hotfixes and if anything dire is going to change in the ptr patchnotes. I tend to use Mr.robot for specializations, but I'm not always sure this site is a 100% correct so I usually mix it with noxxic and my own common sense to get the best out of my Characters. I use Fatboss for encounter videos, but sadly they decided to stop making guides, so I'll be switching to Tankspot soon probably.

Random paragraph about me:

Have to keep myself down here, making sure I dont start ranting a whole A-4 paper about myself. But I'll keep it simple and related to wow/gaming ish. I basicly started playing WoW a good 5 years ago, joining some friends in an Epic Adventure. I quickly got into a level 70 Social guild raiding ONLY Karazhan at that time ( I still love the place tho ). Leaving that guild behind I found some new friends in my conquest to 80 where I rerolled my druid to a hunter, faction changing it not soon after. As my newly found Bloodelf Hunter I found out that my Dad (Which I hadn't seen in a long long while) Also played WoW together with my Stephmom. They raided endgame with their own guild called Eternal fire. It is here that I once again faction changed and underwent a server change to raid as a family! With too many competitors on Silvermoon we decided to move the guild to the all so queit Alonsus to get a better overal Realm rank. But soon after the Demise of the lich king ( Which was a MAJOR Lore blow to my hearth ) I decided to stop playing. I could not take poor Arthas his dead and did not find the game enjoying anymore. Many times have I thought about returning but I couldn't find the money and motivation to do so. After I had heard about Mists of Pandaria I did find my motivation again, because I could once again be one of the better among the hunters. And so we strand here in MoP.

Besides WoW I play a number of other games from time to time. The biggest being LoL ( Although I haven't played in a while ) I do also like to spend some time whacking heads in Chivalry.

As a side note: I am a major Lore Nerd, I've read multiple books and tend to spend alot of time sightseeing different things in the game, and Theory crafting about new patches and expansions.

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:

Nothing comes to mind really. I tend to find sneaky references and Easter eggs quite funny like the SI:7 agent Jack Bauden in Stormwind or the Giblin in Vash'ir saying : " What has it got in it's pockets? Hmm?

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?

I hope to be able to fit into the guild, thats basicly all I want. I sink alot of time into WoW, and I feel a guild is like a family. So all I really want is that I can find enjoyment in raiding with you all, and that I feel enlightend when online with others. Also I expect many lootz in first month ( joke ). But besides that I really only expect a fair chance to raid.
shadowstar88

Hello Joppe,
Thanks for your application. We talked already a bit ingame and I do think you will fit into our guild. Just one thing I noticed is that you didnt add the legendary socket to your weapon. You have the achievment so it means you did the quest.
Your gear is a bit behind but that should be fixed soon, if your gemming and enchanting is correct I dont know so will see what the other hunters have to say about that.
Good luck with your application.

-Shadowstar
Catilinus

Good detailed application. A bit behind on gear and experience. But that can be worked on.

One point you need to look at are your professions. You got mining, and mining isn't considered a raiding prof. So if you want to be a serious raider have a look at that one and try to change it.

Waiting for a hunter to look at this application for some details.

Hello and thanks for replies.

As far as the Eye of the Black Prince goes, I am currently using a 502 ilvl weapon, and I didn't find it worth it, to stick the prismatic gem in it, simply because I can get an upgrade quite easily. I'm not really drowning in money, so having to spend 2.5k to get a new one when I do get an easy upgrade didn't feel worth it. Its currently Residing in my bank waiting for a proper weapon to pop out Happy!

As a reply on the mining topic. I spent this morning farming all the leathers I need, Excluding the Savage leather since that will take me tons of time to get together. So if needed I can be a 600 leatherworker at the end of the day.

Hope this clears things up ^.^
Hypn0tic
Raider

Hello Joppe,
Thank you for your application.
You've put some effort into it , it shows.

I'm not gonna recap what others sayd before, gemming is good, enchants ok, talents ok, i would recommend Crouching Tiger tho, cuz u will want that 1 min Detterence in many fights.
One more thing i want to know. Are u using a reforge add-on ? Personally i would enchant my hands with expertise and reforge the hit from that ring into crit. This way u get expertise capped and get crit on u'r ring which u should have on every item. I am a crit fan tho, i must confess.

Other than that, looks ok to me, dont be worried about gear, that can be easily fixed. Skill > Gear allways.

Im looking forward to see u in a raid fight with us.
Ok from me.

Cheers,
Lune
Verzuvius

I do not actually use an addon for reforging.; I do use mr.robot combined with basic stat priority and my common sense, since even though the reforges that are recommended are usually correct, they might have flaws in them. Like the one you pointed out. With the change I would convert 170 haste into 129 crit. I do not know the precise numbers but I think that evens eachother out. However I will gain the 0.04 exp I am currently missing. I'll have to do some strong calculating to see if it is 100% worth it. But I'm on it ^.^ Thanks for pointing that out.

As for the Talents. The last fight I have done on normal mode was The Council of Elders in which I felt the remove snare from the sandtraps, which would save the healers a dispell, was more worth it than the extra cooldown on deterence. Because I did not find myself using Deterence during that fight alot. But on multiple fights the reduced cooldown on deterence is certainly worth it, but provided the circumstances during the fight I found Posthaste was more worth it. I do however almost always have around 10 Tomes with me. So I can switch my talents around whenver its needed ;)
Catilinus

You can try an addon like reforgelite or anything. That can calculate exactly what you need.
Have a go with that.

For the rest good answers.

Accepted for Trial.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum