Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakebitten93
Raider

re: Application: Snakebitten - Assassination Rogue

First name, Age, Gender, Location:
My name is Matt, i'm a 20 year old student at the University of Plymouth, studying English and Law. I've just finished my second year so i'm currently home for the summer in Sunny Eastbourne, on the South-East Coast of England.

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Snakebitten/advanced
Please note, I changed my glove enchant from expertise to +170 mastery this morning.

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator?
Yes.

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev90 alts)
My main alt is a holy paladin I use mostly for arena: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Honker/advanced

I also have a level 90 Death Knight i'm gearing up as a tank, but I've but nearly zero effort into him as of yet:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Snakenite/advanced

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):
Just after Firelands was released I stopped playing until a little over a month ago. Because of this, and the fact that i arrived at the tail-end of a content patch, I'm incredibly far behind in current progress.

The only ToT boss I've killed on normal is Jin'rohk, in a PuG i organised myself. Obviously this means that my gear is a mix of LFR and valor gear from the Shado-Pan Assault (ilvl 509, but I've been very unlucky with weapons, so it should be easy to get to about ~512).

I have been playing for a very long time, nearly 100 days played on my rogue alone since mid BC, and i consider myself to be very good at playing my class. I've also spent countless hours in raids, on both full clear and wipe nights, and it's really the only thing i play for. I realise that my gear is sub-par, but i have the time, ability and determination to do whatever I can to fix that, and rise to the top of the consistent progression team.

Can you speak fluent english?
Yes.

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable)
Yes.
Yes.

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...

Obviously it's important every raider can speak on Mumble because it's the quickest way to convey important stuff that's happening to them. If you're keying up with speakers, and somebody else keys up at the same time, that's Mumble fucked for a few seconds while everybody tries to block out the echo/horrible noise pain. Every second can be critical in any boss fight, and something as simple as this can cause a wipe.

How comfortable are you speaking during raids?
I'm perfectly comfortable speaking during raids, but understand that constantly keying up during a fight can be more of a hindrance than a help.

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?
Yes.

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?
Since returning I've only been in the guild <Manly Men>. It was formed by myself and a few others who came back at the same time that I've known for years, but due to real life commitments, nobody has had the time to invest that you need when starting a guild. This plus the fact that Alonsus is a terrible place for recruitment at the moment, means we've made no progress at all in forming a raiding team.

All i want out of WoW is to consistently raid with competent human beings, I'm leaving the guild after talking with the few guys that are still around, so that i can do just that.

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:
Intel i5 @~3MHZ
8gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2850334017

PC is two years old now, but I have certainly had no trouble in LFR since i came back, with everything on ultra.

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?
No, wired internet.

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?
No.

Please link any WWS, WOL or WMO stats.
None recorded since i returned.

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?
www.elitistjerks.com
www.icyveins.com
www.mmo-champion.org
http://www.arenajunkies.com/

Random paragraph about me:
Well, I really love both subjects I'm doing at university, Making somebody realise why the death penalty is such a backwards idea gives me a fucking massive jolly, and i hope one day i can make a career out of Law. I've been serious about training at the gym for about a year now, and I'm looking to compete in uni hosted/local strength competition when i go back in September. I think i'm pretty funny, in a typically sarcastic British way

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:
In vanilla we had this hunter (called hunterhumans) who had leveled the entire way to 60 without equipping a ranged weapon. He was allowed to come along to MC as our mascot, because it was hilarious to see him among the rogues and warriors spamming mongoose strike.

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?
I appreciate that i'm not at a level where i could be taken on progression runs, But I do expect the opportunity to prove myself, even if only very occasionally, in a raiding environment. I'd also love to get to know some new faces now that i'm back in the game, as the social side of WoW is second to none!

Thanks for your consideration - Matt

Right thanks for the application, i'm just curious you say you are home for the summer does that mean you would only be in the guild temporarily until you go back to uni?

Also at the moment we have a very awkward amount of people in the guild wanting to raid, too many for one team but not enough for a second so we will have to consider this to see if we have space to accommodate you.

The gear shouldn't be a problem some of our best players joined us with low gear, we would just need to start you off on some normal farms.

EffeyAwesome wrote:
Right thanks for the application, i'm just curious you say you are home for the summer does that mean you would only be in the guild temporarily until you go back to uni?

Also at the moment we have a very awkward amount of people in the guild wanting to raid, too many for one team but not enough for a second so we will have to consider this to see if we have space to accommodate you.

The gear shouldn't be a problem some of our best players joined us with low gear, we would just need to start you off on some normal farms.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry that was me being stupid, when i go back i can still attend 100% of the raids no problem, save for maybe the day i actually move in September.

After talking ingame you are accepted for a trial Happy

someone else in Plymouth, how bizzare

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum