Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Elysian Templars Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hierbenkweer
Trial Member

re: Application: Beriadan - Shadow Priest

First name, Age, Gender, Location:
Sandra , 39 , Female , Netherlands

ADVANCED armory link, character name & class/spec:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Beriadan/advanced

Do you have a Blizzard Authenticator?
Yes i do have an authenticator on my phone

Alts: please tell us the Names/class/level/spec of ALL your alts, even bank alts.
(Give armory links for all lev90 alts)

Leanansidhe lvl 90 night elf beastmastery hunter, only use her for alchemy, i do not gear her further up for raids. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Leanansidhe/advanced will join with her aswell as an alt
Boacea lvl 80 mage, havent played her for a while, will level her for jewelcrafting
Havart Roque lvl 62, havent played him for long time, is my banker nowadays
The rest i only use for bag space have level some of them a little
Tatiana dk 56
astabi druid 51
hanamba paladin 40 she is owner of bankguild(only for the bagspace aswell) I have levelt my alts i there aswell but stopped doing that
Kalindes shaman 31
Nimwen warlock 10

Raid Progress (Be very accurate with number of kills if it's just 1 or 2 kills)(give char's names if killed on alts):

Can you speak fluent english?
Yes i can speak english fluently

Do you have Mumble & a headset? (Speakers are not acceptable)
I have both installed and working

Complete this sentence: I would never raid using speakers because...

it can bounce back through the mic which is annoying

How comfortable are you speaking during raids?
I am comfortable speaking during the raids

Are you able to attend raids Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (Saturday for 10man)?

Yes i am able to attend

What guilds have you been in & why did you leave?
The Lowland Legion, left because they didnt raid
Batavorum, left because they stopped
Titans, they merged with Adaptation
Adaptation, left because the merge was done to move forward , instead the team fell apart

CPU, RAM, graphics card & internet connection:

intel core is-2300 cpu
8GB ram
The card i really cant tell you, it was a total package and have no idea where to look for it
60MB internet

Do you use a Wi-Fi connection?
No i do not

Any other Guild applications active at the moment?
Yes, but i need to go healer there and i really do not like healing as a main spec

Please link any WWS, WOL or WMO stats.
I can not link a wol and have no idea what the other 2 are

What sites or sources of information do you use in order to keep up to date?
Noxxic, MMo and battlenet

Random paragraph about me:
I started playing during the last part of Cata, my raiding experience from that period are mainly through pugs. Ended being 4/8 HC in Ds.
In Pandaria i started as social in Batavorum, in Titans/Adaptation i raided semi-hardcore which is about 2 months now
So im still kind newbish when it comes to your level of raiding

The funniest thing I've seen in WoW is:
Well that would be me ninja pulling Elegon after wiping for days and get it down that time.

What do you hope for and expect from us during the first month?
I can offer my skills and knowledge of the game and expect to be respected for the person I am.
I also would like to raid and kill some bosses and hope to get some help in getting better.

PS when i am able to join, a friend will come along aswell as a social, he is into PVP
bluemonkey8
Guild Council

Hey Sandra,

Thankyou for the app. I'm not an expert on priests, so had a chat with our shadow priest and he says your glyphs/talents are fine. One thing though is your gemmed legs, why did you put pure haste gem instead of an energized wild jade (160 haste & 160 spirit), the 120 intel bonus is too much too miss out on. I know that your hit is way high because of your trinket, but intel bonus is the way to go. Also switching your leg enchant to the intel/crit will reduce your hit a little too Happy

We will get back to you soon Happy
b0kolis

Thanks for applying. Nice to see you have everything enchanted and maxed proffs.

On a side note, i'd consider changing feet enchant since you have speed boost from talents (although i'm not an SP expert :P).

I've also noticed you didn't answer the question regarding past raiding experience (although answers can be derived from the rest of your application).

Good luck with your application,

M.
Back_King
Guild Master

Hi Beriadan, ty for the app.

I explained to Beri that we have a lot of DPS & that we wouldn't have a raid spot for her, but she could come in for some farm bosses, which includes Jin Rokh HC & maybe some other Heroic fights as we become better geared & they become easier.
With her raid experience being very low I felt it would benefit her to be around experienced raiders and get involved in discussions about tactics, to help prep properly before fights.
Hopefully, we will have 2 teams again very soon & also FLEXI-raids will be useful for gear & exp in 5.4, in ~1month, all of which she can be a full part of.

With all this in mind, it's a yes from me.
I'll wait to see if any1 has any major objections before making it an official acceptance.

as said before, you are way over the hit capped. you can easy reforge/gem some spirit or hit away for something else.

can you explain the thoughts you have put by picking talents and glyphs you have atm.? Happy

also would like to know what boss, you had done when they where current content.

else good luck with your application Happy

Back_King
Guild Master

I looked at the hit problem, she has already reforged every item with hit or spirit, to get rid of as much hit as possible.
The only thing she can do is get some drops that don't have hit/spirit on them.
Usually that gear goes to Mages or Warlocks as priority.

The thought behind my talents are the following:
15 Void tendrils is the most usefull one. The others are in my opinion more usefull for pvp. However i dont pvp atm. Will start on it as i believe it will help me become a better raider.
30 Body and Soul gives me a speedboost and is helpfull to get out of shit fast or get somewhere faster. It can be cast while moving.
45 Solace and Insanity is atm by far the best talent in combination with Divine Insight.
60 Desperate Prayer can be casted when needed and can be used as a major personal healing cooldown when damage is high.
75 See 45
90 Here i may vary. Halo i use the most as it gives damage and healing at the same time in a wide circle range. Divine star i use when stacking is more often then rare. Cascade i hardly use, the range is a bit higher but when needed for healing i need to get out of shadow.

The major glyphs
Dispersion gives me mana back, and it reduses the cd by 15 sec
With dark binding i can cast 2 healing spells without going out of shadow
Mind spike is debatable and its only used when From darkness comes light is on

The bosses i have done when the were currant are.
DS all on normal and 1st 4 on HC only through pugging
MSV all on normal with Batavorum
HOF 5/6 on normal with Batavorum
TOES 4/4 on normal in a pug with Open raid
TOT 12/12 on normal 11/12 with titans and the last one with you guys

Thank you for pointing out the enchants. I have made the changes.

I am stacking haste atm to gain the 3rd haste cap. This will give me an extra tick on Vamperic touch every time it is casted.

Hints and tips are always welcome, I am stil learning Happy

Last edited by Hierbenkweer on 07/08/2013 9:21; edited 1 time in total
bluemonkey8
Guild Council

we are happy to accept your app, whisper layal, back, effey or qbic and we will give you an inv Happy welcome to the guild Happy
Popejon
Raider

Hi Beriadan,

Just a small point about your talents, I wouldn't be so set in stone with them. Different bosses require different talents to maximise DPS. For instance I use Power Infusion and Mindbender for Jin'Rokh, you get a nice bit of time to tunnel while standing in pools (use PI in the 1st and 3rd pools). To give you alittle more info I use :-

http://www.howtopriest.com/index.php?sid=8f9652e57b21e7c733c69f3f58354b6c

and for specific encounters :-

http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3277

Also I use different glyphs (especially on progress fights) I tend to go with Inner Fire/Inner Sanctum, VE and Dark Binding, there's info on glyphs on the site as well.

Cheers Pope Happy

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum